Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Highway 2 and Bowmanville Ave - A proposed 2 x 40-Storey, 4 x 36-Storey, 2 x 34 Storey and one 30-Storey high rise towers with 3,900 residential units and there will be a commercial space. Develop by Kaitlin Corp. Located on 1800-1850 Bowmanville Avenue and 0 Prince William Boulevard in Bowmanville community of Clarington.

IMG_3275.jpeg
IMG_3276.jpeg

The Public meeting will be held on June 17, 2024 @6:30 pm.

Hey look, it's another *very real* GTA development proposal that's definitely going to get financed and built. Boy, I sure do love "building housing"...
I mean it's definitely.. Ambitious.. but the ownership group (Kaitlin) has a long history of actually building housing Durham Region, including multi-res units in markets which at the time other builders wouldn't touch.

So I'm not so sure how much this is a zone and flip.. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaitlin is trying to set up a 20-year pipeline of condo sales in Bowmanville here.

if these do happen, it'll likely look similar to the UC towers in north Oshawa - slabs built as cheap as possible.

This is what 25 kilometres from Scarborough. Beyond that, it's not much different from Universal in Pickering. The downtown Pickering plan with side by side 150 metres towers is equally "ambitious".

This is what 25 kilometres from Scarborough. Beyond that, it's not much different from Universal in Pickering. The downtown Pickering plan with side by side 150 metres towers is equally "ambitious".
Pickering has an existing GO station within the 15 minute all-day network. This has a proposal for a future GO station outside of that. Construction is who knows how long away. I don't read these two as similar in any way.

We're obsessed with GO stations. Like availability of transit in huge rental/ condo clusters worked out for Main Square or Crescent Town. Both of those are in the city near a boulevard with shops. Universal City is nowhere. I guess there is a sidewalk now.

I think the heights being proposed, the density of towers in these suburban TOD clusters, the living space square footage and, narrow deep suites over wide and shallow only thrill members of the skyscraper community. The rest of the world just thinks Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Suburban GTA Municipalities will one day boast more 35 storey residential high rises than the US combined with the exception of Miami. Another stat that would only thrill us.

Back