No, not SJT, but another ultra-bland entry-level specuvestor-driven future rental building for sure. This stuff was marketed all over the middle east to buyer syndicates. Not exactly the makings of a stable neighborhood in my opinion.

What are you talking about? The Middle East? Nothing that happens in the Middle East is comparable or relevant to Canadian development. My god.

What are you talking about? The Middle East? Nothing that happens in the Middle East is comparable or relevant to Canadian development. My god.

This project (and most of Lakeshore) was marketed to buyer syndicates in Israel. Israel is a country in the middle east. I am merely suggesting that the bulk of this building will be owned by offshore investors. Nothing more.

"I am merely suggesting that the bulk of this building will be owned by offshore investors."

Suggesting? Do you have actual proof and numbers?

"I am merely suggesting that the bulk of this building will be owned by offshore investors."

Suggesting? Do you have actual proof and numbers?

No, I do not. This is information that I have been told by many industry insiders, included parties related to the developer. It is very old news as this project has been under development for about 4 years now so it should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with it.

So it was marketed offshore and you have no idea if even one unit was sold offshore? No offence, but I am going to take your 'suggestions' with a grain of salt.

Please take it any way you wish. To the extent that you or anyone actually cares what I say, I encourage you to seek out your own sources of information independently. I'm merely stating information that has been reported to me personally numerous times and that I believe to be extremely accurate.

They are a foreign backed investment company so overbuilding or saturating the market is less of a concern than for a local real estate developer/management/ contractor like Tridel

They are a foreign backed investment company so overbuilding or saturating the market is less of a concern than for a local real estate developer/management/ contractor like Tridel

Thank you Maestro, that is precisely the point that I was trying to convey.

This does not even make sense. Tridel is not trying to sell as many units as possible? And build as many projects as possible?

This project (and most of Lakeshore) was marketed to buyer syndicates in Israel. Israel is a country in the middle east. I am merely suggesting that the bulk of this building will be owned by offshore investors. Nothing more.

OK, I actually misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were comparing this development to developments in the Middle East, I didn't realize you were saying this development was sold to buyers over there.

One thing though, Israel may be in the Middle East but it isn't what most people think of when someone says "the Middle East". It really is an 'island', very different from what surrounds it.

OK, I actually misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were comparing this development to developments in the Middle East, I didn't realize you were saying this development was sold to buyers over there.

One thing though, Israel may be in the Middle East but it isn't what most people think of when someone says "the Middle East". It really is an 'island', very different from what surrounds it.

This has nothing to do with the thread but I need comment here:

Island! This is incorrect and very misleading. Israel, is indeed in the middle east, weather you are arab or jewish or anyone for that matter the FACT is that the region is in FACT NOT! an Island it is IN FACT in and apart of the middle east.

I just found that your comment was a bit insulting.

Now to add to this I want to comment and maybe shed some facts on the prior and real issue:

Lanterra is partly if not all owned by Israelis within Israel, which has condos on the lakeshore ie. 18 Yonge st. So maybe this helps a bit :)

^Pure: the post wasn't intentionally insulting... the island of "Israel" is what is portrayed in the media.

Sometimes we (dumb N. Americans) get a bad rap (ignorance) because we have no reference other than CNN-style sound bites.

Having said that, you clearly know something that is worth sharing on this forum. (Translation: post more).

Actually this one was worth discussing (and encouraging for future discussion in appropriate forums)... and it barely occupied 3" of LCD screen. Unlike many other tangents on this forum. Suprised frankly that this minor aside caught your eye.

Perhaps you just happened to log in.......

EDIT: ok, it was actually 6" of screen.

Back