They just did a dump of soil for the planter which is still not finished at the corner of Balmuto and Charles.
8466F97A-71D6-4248-9FDC-A4E98F6FD96D.jpeg

The renewal of the residential building and parking garage entrances (and actually the entire front grounds of the building) has begun, with interior work for now.

Also, Manulife has hired American company JLL to handle property management and building operations for its entire Canadian real estate portfolio beginning March 1st. As a resident I don't find this reassuring, but we'll see.

Manulife has announced the renovation of the residential building and parking garage entrances.

View attachment 405831
View attachment 405832

To fire up this this now stale thread, it looks like local fav Onnki Donburi will be re-opening in the BBMC, at least if the photo clues on their Insta aren't anything but completely obvious. They closed their Hayden location last year, I suspect related to the new Yonge-Bloor subway entrance (they are on the Hayden side of the same parcel that the Firkin/Sabai Sabai were on). Base building construction photos seem to show quite a bit of natural light, which doesn't leave many options within the Centre. My money's on the North side leased location beside the Eataly entrance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 5.30.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 5.30.46 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
Manulife had already built a patio a few years ago during their expansion, but it looks like Earl's wanted something larger.
And something covered, maybe heated if we’re lucky to extend patio season.

People will lament the fact that it will be an Earl’s, but it will make tons of money and they will pay top dollar rent. Look no further than Cactus Club (owned by Earls) in First Canadian Place (which Manulife owns) as an example.

To fire up this this now stale thread, it looks like local fav Onnki Donburi will be re-opening in the BBMC, at least if the photo clues on their Insta aren't anything but completely obvious. They closed their Hayden location last year, I suspect related to the new Yonge-Bloor subway entrance (they are on the Hayden side of the same parcel that the Firkin/Sabai Sabai were on). Base building construction photos seem to show quite a bit of natural light, which doesn't leave many options within the Centre. My money's on the North side leased location beside the Eataly entrance.
Yeah, the TTC acquired both the building on Bloor and the one behind it on Hayden. Although I believe there will only be a new entrance on Bloor, the Hayden side will used for one of the new ventilation plants for the station. Would have been nice to have an entrance on both, but oh well.

As for Onnki Dobburi, I'm thinking they're going in the empty space next to the Balmuto entrance. It would fit with what they've posted on Instagram, and we now know that space next to Eataly is the new Swarovski store.

People will lament the fact that it will be an Earl’s, but it will make tons of money and they will pay top dollar rent. Look no further than Cactus Club (owned by Earls) in First Canadian Place (which Manulife owns) as an example.
Brookfield owns FCP.

Back