24 June 2009 photo update

Caltrane: love how you always have some hot birds in your photos!:D

re: Acura NSX--the one to buy is the original c.1989-1994 model, red hardtop with black roof--I want one!

This afternoon hanging with more birds :D I find a new angle to capture the buildings from tbp.

dsc02282j.jpg

From someone that works at the ACC:

After a record setting event year for Air Canada Centre and the unprecedented patience and understanding of so many LIVE industry representatives, Air Canada Centre has begun a 10-week summer hiatus to complete the last phase of the arena’s $48 million renovation and revitalization.

From someone that works at the ACC:

After a record setting event year for Air Canada Centre and the unprecedented patience and understanding of so many LIVE industry representatives, Air Canada Centre has begun a 10-week summer hiatus to complete the last phase of the arena’s $48 million renovation and revitalization.

Yes, I believe that it includes items such as better a/c systems, renovations (replacements?) of the ice plant and definitely a new hydraulic retractable seating system at then ends of the rink....dramatically reducing the turnover time between uses (basketball/hockey/concerts).

It has no direct connection, however, to Maple Leaf Square....it is a MLSE project and does not involve Lanterra or Cadillac.

I agree. I think they look very bland. I expected more from KPMB.

I have never been impress with them as well the colour. Poorly thoughtout.

I disagree with the above comments. I think MLS looks amazing. It's of its time. What should it look like? The Woolworth Building?

Last edited:
I think MLS is a better design than anything at Cityplace but suffers from the same material choices. I'm not talking limestone and curtain glass but, for example, it would be nice to see more designs without the ugly spandrel window dividers. Y'know, like Murano.

Last edited:
Obviously it not going to look like anything that was designed and built 100 years ago.
But it could have more of a twist like.....77 Hudson & 70 Greene http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...=80&um=1

Can we please refrain from posting links/photos of totally unrelated projects from elsewhere you happen to find cool? The First Waterfront thread is bad or pathetic enough (considering it's has been going on for years)

I must say though the curtain glass looks really dated on those NYC twins.

June 27 2009 update

unfortunately ... I too agree with the comment that while MLS has an outstanding podium, the tower portion is nothing more than typical Cityplace towers ~

Anyhow ... more photos

IMG_3952.jpg

From afar ...

IMG_3951.jpg

Fabulous pics, Solaris! between you and drum we are getting mighty spoiled here.....

Back