/\ It's usually included in the building's overall height, but not its floor count.

Define Building height. Depending on what zoning by-law or official plan you are reading you will get a slightly different definition of height. Generally though, it's from the established grade to the top of the building roof and does not include the mech. penthouse.

Taken from Queens Quay and Spadina about a week ago

Attachments

• IMG_4460.jpg
    IMG_4460.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 210
My goodness, what pioneering ventures the condos at Harbour Square, the hotel now called the Westin, and the office tower at 1 Yonge Street turned out to be in changing our perception of how we relate to the lake.

Come on down!

Last edited:
Mls

Very excited about this one.

Grand scale with true hotel-commercial-condo-retail-connectivity in the area.

I get daily calls about it from owners and investors and they believe that MLS is about to become a new landmark in the city.

Location - which may have seemed few years back not so great - is now bustling with people and traffic, many tourists and Sobey (plus a Longos coming onboard).

High floor units facing the lake are going to be the most desired ones, we see it already here at my office.

YK.

hmmm, thats one of the most subtle sales pitches I have ever heard... (or not)

At my office, people are lining up for the unit faces the giant TV screen at the ACC because word is out that it will play schizophrenic flashes of LEAFS TV coverage of the 1993 quarter finals interspersed with commercials for Viagara, Pizza Pizza, and Tim Hortons set to the inspired music Sisco's The Thong Song. Oh, and people love to live where there is a lot of traffic.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the ground-floor treatment of Telus and MLS. It looks like it'll be really people-oriented, which is great.

I get daily calls about it from owners and investors and they believe that MLS is about to become a new landmark in the city.

Maybe if they put a 10 story maple leaf on top with LEDs running around its edges and it shot off fireworks everytime the Leafs scored a goal.

That might be be a landmark.

Give Yossi credit where it is due. He is likely right you know. You are forgetting the amount of sports fans in Toronto and in southern Ontario. This location is a dream location for some of those people even though many of us have our own preferences in what we want in a neighbourhood.

whatever guys. I share with you b/c I have access to information most people on this forum can only dream of. nuff said.

Yossi, I think you bring great info to the board and it's important to have a wide variety of perspectives here, including real estate agents.

I was just poking fun because I thought "landmark" was a bit over the top. =)

The building absolutely does have landmark potential. Wait until the signage and public art go up. And even beyond that the Galleria has the potential to become a fairly hot retail destination

The building absolutely does have landmark potential. Wait until the signage and public art go up. And even beyond that the Galleria has the potential to become a fairly hot retail destination

Are there added public art? That tall big rusted thing sticking up already seems to occupy a lot of space. I don't know if there's anymore space.

Back