They have some signage up now on the overhang by the entrance at the turnaround, and some parts of the new sidewalks are open down York. They've used the same paving motif that they used around Telus, complete with the concrete maple leafs.

You can also get close enough to get a pretty good look inside the building. The main entrance off of York looks pretty impressive

I'm definitely gonna hang out there this summer! :p

(Well... if anything is open yet.)

I'm definitely gonna hang out there this summer! :p

(Well... if anything is open yet.)

The RealSports store willl be open....I think TFC are having their fundraising "Kick Off" dinner there in May....so I presume it (and the area around it are pretty much ready for the public).

I think I heard that Longos is opening in August and the hotel is scheduled for around the same time (although they have a lot of work to do there).

Great forum guys! Taken this morning, facing west from Yonge & Lakeshore...

mls.jpg

Nice pic, wmedia, welcome to the forum!

Sadly I can't get any view of Pier 27 from that vantage point.

Enjoyed watching MLS go up, but like others have mentioned, I'm hoping that hospital-green cladding on the top is not the finished product!

EDIT:

...actually I will be okay with it if the glass cutout above the sign has that logo above it. Maybe the sign isn't completed yet.

A TERRIBLE 3-second mockup:
mlsedit.jpg

Last edited:
It's oddly fitting and underwhelming like the precinct itself, mediocrity proclaiming itself. The multitudes who will revel in the area if and when the Leafs,Raps or Jays ever make the leap to a post season won't give a hoot. I'm going to a Jays game on Saturday with the brood, and I'll do the once over, hoping and quite willing, to adjust my opinion . Toronto can surprise you.

Back