Sorry for the false alarm guys-- saw it and had to report it. The flatbed trucks were right near the intersection with College, so it seemed to me it was specific to the MaRS site.

This project is restarting next month.

Aecon Construction will be on site next Month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phase 2 restart announcement is expected.

My Cousin Pauline email Linda Quattrin from MARS Discovery District.

Thanks for the note, Pauline. I don’t have any information that specific but my understanding has been that a Phase II announcement is expected. Watch the MaRS website (www.marsdd.com) for an update in the weeks ahead. All the best...Linda

Hi my name is Pauline Adams. My question is in regards to the second phase of the MARS Discovery District. The are construction trailers on site, and I have heard that construction could restart next month. Can you confirm this?
The reason that I am so interesting in this project is because it is in my field of study, and also believe this project will benefit the entire city.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine that someone in that "field" would have better grammar than that.

Sounds to me like it was written by a younger person who is really just a building nerd, and wants this to start up again.

Not only that, she just said there would be an announcement period, not specifically what was being announced. In other words, "unfortunately, this project is now canceled outright" would still qualify as an announcement regarding phase II :)

I would imagine that someone in that "field" would have better grammar than that.

Sounds to me like it was written by a younger person who is really just a building nerd, and wants this to start up again.

How does wanting a project to start translate into misrepresenting that it will?

Linda Quattrin confirmed that the project was restarting when I spoke with her months ago. The world on the street is that this project will be starting very soon.
Things are looking great.

This morning on the radio i heard something about crane installation at College/University. Did the project start up again??

Back