I haven't seen any photos posted of the rebuilt street-level subway entrance. From March 20.
20120320 MARS subway.jpg

Attachments

• 20120320 MARS subway.jpg
    20120320 MARS subway.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 611
I prefer the new entrance to the old one with the big barn roof on it, but I also wish they'd done away with the street-level entrance altogether and just incorporated the entrance into MaRS. Then again, there's no shortage of open space at Queen's Park, so maybe it isn't such a bad thing

Huge improvement - compared to that awful "barn" entrance on the other side of College, which is ugly as sin to start off with, cheaply built and already falling apart (rust from rebars seeping out). Yuck all around.

I thought MaRS Phase II is going to get an underground connection.

AoD

Huge improvement - compared to that awful "barn" entrance on the other side of College, which is ugly as sin to start off with, cheaply built and already falling apart (rust from rebars seeping out). Yuck all around.

I thought MaRS Phase II is going to get an underground connection.

AoD

I too thought there was going to be an internal entrance to MaRS but understand that the internal entrance will only be open during 'office hours' and the street entrance will be open as long as the subway runs. I guess MaRS is not open to the public for suh long hours.

I keep looking for cladding every couple days on this one and am getting pretty frustrated. I would have thought something would be up by now.

Fingers crossed that they don't sling up crap like they did with the first phase (which I could never really understand, because the inside of that portion is absolutely incredible. Wish I worked there. Maybe they blew the budget on the heritage restoration).

The new southeast entrance to Queen's Park Station appears to be mostly cladded; the lump of dirt hasn't moved in a month. Also a view of the new tower from across University Ave at the south end of the Hydro building (or whatever it's called now). From today.

MaRS-QP-20120425.jpg
MaRS-20120425.jpg

Attachments

• MaRS-QP-20120425.jpg
    MaRS-QP-20120425.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 381
  • MaRS-20120425.jpg
    MaRS-20120425.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 377

Back