MODs, please consider banning this newbie if any further positive comments are posted.
Give the guy (?) a break. I agree that Twitter-like comments (positive or negative) of this sort add nothing to the threads but maybe a newbie needs time to find the confidence to offer reasoned comments. (I have far less tolerance for old-timers who do this!)

Give the guy (?) a break. I agree that Twitter-like comments (positive or negative) of this sort add nothing to the threads but maybe a newbie needs time to find the confidence to offer reasoned comments. (I have far less tolerance for old-timers who do this!)

Thanks for your support. I've been a long-time lurker and interpreted the comment as a humorous reference to the general negativity that can sometimes consume threads ("Someone with a positive comment! We must ban him!"), and so took no offence. But perhaps I'm wrong.

On a related note, I wasn't aware that opinions needed to be >140 characters or add significant meaning to a thread in order to be posted. If one likes a project (or doesn't), I don't see the harm in stating that without going through the process of crafting an essay. It was my first post here - I'm getting the hang of it.

VoicesCarry:

Welcome to the forum. 3D's comment was meant to be sarcastic and wasn't really directed at you or your positive comment.

In any case, no there isn't a need for postings to be >140 characters long in general - however, what we look for are patterns of behaviour - if one's participation of the forum consists of postings after postings of meaningless one-liners it would be a flag for us.

Cheers

AoD

If all glazing was done this well, I'd have a hard time disliking the proliferation of glass buildings. Seriously, the details make such a huge difference.

Thanks for your support. I've been a long-time lurker and interpreted the comment as a humorous reference to the general negativity that can sometimes consume threads ("Someone with a positive comment! We must ban him!"), and so took no offence. But perhaps I'm wrong.

You're not wrong, it was obviously a joke... your post was welcome relief. Welcome to the forum.

The exterior hoist is being removed today - this baby is getting ready to see occupancy!

Movement into the tower begins in later September, although many floors in the new tower won't be finished and occupied for some time yet. Break-through of the bridge passages into level 5 and 6 are taking place this week, linking the OICR floors to the existing South Tower floors.

2 May 2013: Looks great from outside Icon Condos

rps20130502233524.jpg

Has anybody noticed the 2 large cement containers built in front of this building on Collage? Are they huge planters or fountains? I have no idea what those could be used for.

Has anybody noticed the 2 large cement containers built in front of this building on Collage? Are they huge planters or fountains? I have no idea what those could be used for.
Look like planters to me - people here are (unfortunately) very scared of fountains as they tend to leak into the area below.

photo1.jpg

here is a photo of the "planters" or whatever that is. Btw, the solid fence is being replaced with light chain fence.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 664
Look like planters to me - people here are (unfortunately) very scared of fountains as they tend to leak into the area below.

Montreal has even harsher weather then we do, and they keep building more fountains. They have some very nice fountains there. ^^ If that's a planter, it's one hell of a big one.

Montreal has even harsher weather then we do, and they keep building more fountains. They have some very nice fountains there. ^^ If that's a planter, it's one hell of a big one.

Maybe these are pools: nothing like a little swim at lunch to perk you up!

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1L7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 07 277526 BLD 01 NB Accepted Date: May 13, 2013

Project: Office New Building

Description: Revision - to add mechanical space/penthouse (500 m2) to existing 22 storey commercial building.

Back