16 November 2012:

20121116170637.jpg

Some interesting glass has gone up on the northwestern side of the podium.

Nov 30th:

HbiLA.jpg

And here is an out of focus closeup (shooting from moving cars again on manual focus...)
JhAco.jpg

As monstrous carbuncles go, I like it.

I especially appreciate the fact that its colouring leaves it looking its best in the conditions pictured: Grey, cold and miserable - those most Torontonian of forecasts. No need to place it against a preternaturally blue sky, next to a green field that doesn't exist and surrounded by renderwood trees that will never grow. This thing looks at home right where it is, and it brightens up the bleakest of surroundings.

Last edited:
The south tower is about to come down as the jib crane is in place to take it down. The north tower will be gone by the end of Jan.

There is over 30 cranes that will be disappearing from the skyline in the first quarter of 2013 and this does not includes the ones that have been removed in the past quarter.

The skyline will look empty of these cranes until 2014.

The fact that this building breaks the curved theme at this intersection bothers the OCD in me tremendously despite the beauty of its design and quality materials.

Wow, does it ever look sharp in Jasonzed's image. As far as glass goes, that's my favourite tone: pure icy silver. The coldness is offset nicely by the detailing on the glass, and the inset green-ish portions of the facade, I really like how this one has come together.

Back