Charioteer, can you tell us if this method of removal was required by HPS, or is MOD just cool like that?

MOD is definitely cool, but the methodology was developed by the heritage contractor the Clifford Group, in consultation with MOD, ERA Architects and Tucker HiRise.

Last edited:
Wonderful interesting photos. I wasn't aware that the floor was going to be removed. Thanks for posting those.

Wonderful interesting photos. I wasn't aware that the floor was going to be removed. Thanks for posting those.

A rotunda has been designed on the ground floor of the new building, between the heritage building and the elevators, in which the circular floor will be re-installed, along with the architectural millwork:

It is the space shown in this rendering with circular red settee:

the-massey-tower-lobby.jpg

On axis with the old Bank of Commerce logo:

The-Massey-Tower-Sales-Centre-by-Cecconi-Simone_02-600x800.jpg

Attachments

• the-massey-tower-lobby.jpg
    the-massey-tower-lobby.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 2,243
  • The-Massey-Tower-Sales-Centre-by-Cecconi-Simone_02-600x800.jpg
    The-Massey-Tower-Sales-Centre-by-Cecconi-Simone_02-600x800.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 2,214
Last edited:
The heritage building to the north of 197 yonge/massey tower now has a Commercial "For Lease" sign on it… oh and the Irish flag is gone and it looks like the pigeon crap has been cleaned up somewhat from the property's steps.

The heritage building to the north of 197 yonge/massey tower now has a Commercial "For Lease" sign on it… oh and the Irish flag is gone and it looks like the pigeon crap has been cleaned up somewhat from the property's steps.
That's great to hear! I'd be really surprised if Apple does't snatch this up. Seems like something they'd really fit into.
Will those bricks be salvaged?

Don't they usually take them down more carefully when salvaging is happening? As in brick by brick?

That's great to hear! I'd be really surprised if Apple does't snatch this up. Seems like something they'd really fit into.

I'd be shocked considering that they're already in the Eaton Centre, which is much higher prized retail space than streetfront on Yonge.

Don't they usually take them down more carefully when salvaging is happening? As in brick by brick?

If they plan on replicating a facade, yes, but if they're just going to re-use them in a different capacity for the sake of being resource conscious, then I doubt it.

Last edited:

Back