Despite this building not being filled, I've noticed a substantial increase in foot traffic in the area at this section.

To me, it becomes more ridiculous every day that Bay St doesn't have an LRT stop. With this building, a future planned building behind it, and across the street, the under construction building at 213 King and the empty parking lot at Market St and Main St, there will be thousands of new residents living here in the near future.

Yes it will be dense but both Queen and James will be short walks away. The LRT is already going to be pretty slow, it doesn’t need to have unnecessary stops to slow it even further.

It’s still years away from beginning construction. York blvd will be finished 2025. Two way Main Street will begin after that and LRT can’t happen until east /west routes are ready otherwise it’s just chaos added on top of chaos. This is my belief anyway. I suppose they could begin construction of the storage and maintenance facility at MIP. Probably start the lines at McMaster and Eastgate but I doubt it.

Back