Some pictures from earlier this morning:

IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_3284.jpeg

IMG_3286.jpeg

IMG_3289.jpeg

lol that thread was interesting to say the least. Mystery headaches? From what lol? Sounds like typical students complaining about something. I suppose they'll protest next, hunger strike even? :rolleyes:

lol that thread was interesting to say the least. Mystery headaches? From what lol? Sounds like typical students complaining about something. I suppose they'll protest next, hunger strike even? :rolleyes:
I think it was indicated a result of the Coliform in the water and the lack of proper ventilation. Some people are more sensitive to headaches than others. The school went to the point of providing water fill up stations so it obviously isn't just feels before reals. Bad ventilation can definitely lead to stale or high particulate air which can also cause headaches.

That's besides construction workers walking into people's rooms unannounced which seems to have two different students indicating it happened to them.

Apparently living in this building is shit at the moment, something I'm not surprised by. They really should have delayed move in:

This wasn't even legal until a year or two ago where the PCs passed a regulation allow partial occupancy of buildings while still under construction.

I'm not particularly surprised by the results.

What an asinine comment. The article lists a number of tangible issues with the building including high coliforms in the water. Complaints are well warranted.

What an asinine comment. The article lists a number of tangible issues with the building including high coliforms in the water. Complaints are well warranted.
apologies. I've just seen Mac student protest just about anything. The building is under construction still, all parties knew that going in. I fully expect things to improve as the building approaches completion. It's just the reality of living in an under construction building. We're in a housing shortage. I'm at least happy to see Mac doing their part. It's going to come with some hiccups.

Really opening up the ground floor would have helped to make the visual heaviness of this design more palatable to me but then they did that single-storey black brick portion that reads like a suburban strip plaza wedged into the building and separating it from the sidewalk. I think the design team fell a little too hard in love with those angled pilasters and didn't know when to stop.

Back