There's a drop-in information session tonight at 1040 Kingston Rd. from 5:30-7:30. Rendering via Councillor Gary Crawford's newsletter:

unnamed.jpg

Merge Condos to add nearly 200 homes to Scarborough’s Kingston Road

2201 Kingston Rd
News 06:00 AM Toronto.com

LCH Developments/Lifestyle Custom Homes is currently constructing a new condo development in Scarborough’s south end.

The development — called Merge Condos — is located on Kingston Road, where it merges with Danforth Avenue.

JUST THE FACTS:

The project will feature a 11-storey tall building. In total there will be 182 residential units, including townhouses and apartments.

The developers say the new project will feature bold architecture, situated in an area that features natural beauty, nearby beaches and has a view to Lake Ontario.

Units will range in size from 500 square feet to 1,400 square feet.

There will be underground parking, which includes bicycle parking spaces,

The building also features a fitness centre and yoga studio, and a media/games room, a rooftop terrace with a fire pit, a private dining room with a kitchen, an indoor/outdoor party room, a dog wash station, EV (electric vehicle) parking spaces and more.

According to a seller’s website, units start from the $300,000s, but the parking and bicycle parking are extra.

The ground floor of the building will feature retail.
For more information, visit lchdevelopments.com

1577814796995.png

1577814782659.png

Hello,

New to this group and bought a condo in this development. Excited to see SOMETHING happening at the site. First time buying pre-construction so a little nervous on how this will all pan out especially given the lifetime that the YMCA condos are taking and the bankrupt one on the Danforth. Is there anything that can help us understand whether things are moving at the expected pace?

Thanks in advance.

Here's something that you can expect @JoFromTo: 99% of all condo developments take longer to complete that the original target date you've been given. That's all we can really say in advance. If you pass by the site on occasion, please take photos during construction and post them to this thread, as others who are similarly passing by will do the same. Members do tend to post other news as it comes up, and you're encouraged to do the same! Welcome to UrbanToronto.ca!

Here's something that you can expect @JoFromTo: 99% of all condo developments take longer to complete that the original target date you've been given. That's all we can really say in advance. If you pass by the site on occasion, please take photos during construction and post them to this thread, as others who are similarly passing by will do the same. Members do tend to post other news as it comes up, and you're encouraged to do the same! Welcome to UrbanToronto.ca!

Thank-you and will do.

This just in from LCH's Facebook site (and it appears someone has a sense of humour):
We had a drilling seminar at Merge Condos today... it was BORING!

Some great work being done onsite by @TorontoShoring drilling caissons along the east property line and shortly mobiling north.
1583346531397.png

I'm not looking forward to seeing that black metal panel cladding in the renderings. It's the sort of cladding that seems adventurous and interesting in that it references industrial architecture. But it often ends up looking quite bleak and cold on residential buildings, especially as it ages.

From Facebook on 24-June-2020:
🚨 GROUNDBREAKING ALERT 🚨
Merge Condos is officially under construction! Our management and construction teams gathered together on a sunny day last week to celebrate this fantastic milestone.⁣

I guess "ground breaking" means something in building sites. When they said construction would start in November and then they appeared to be doing all the shoring etc over the past couple of months, I am hoping this is not when they officially start construction? Could they still finish a 12 story building in 2 years?
106127803_2696490703953481_4540153115707851431_o.jpg
105387359_2696490653953486_3095833008318803564_o.jpg

Finally, I found this on a website somewhere. Not sure how accurate the activities or timelines are but my question is, judging by the above pictures, I believe we're in Excavation still and the next step will be when the crane comes? Does that sound right?
Pro_4101-1-1600x3870.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I found this on a website somewhere. Not sure how accurate the activities or timelines are but my question is, judging by the above pictures, I believe we're in Excavation still and the next step will be when the crane comes? Does that sound right?View attachment 255333

Yes, they're certainly in the excavation stage of the construction process. By the look of things, if work remains steady they may be in position for crane assembly around late August or mid-September. Just a rough estimate of course.

Yes, they're certainly in the excavation stage of the construction process. By the look of things, if work remains steady they may be in position for crane assembly around late August or mid-September. Just a rough estimate of course.
Thank you. And agreed, that was the timeline I estimated as well.

Back