Completely unacceptable

EllisDon (and any other reputable business or non-profit organization) should go through social media accounts of any prospective employees thoroughly to check for their political and racial views.

It is very bad optics for a business or non-profit organization to hire someone with KKK tendencies knowingly or unknowingly.

If you were to drop all vaguely racist employees in construction you’d probably have to drop about 1/4th of your workforce. It’s not a good industry for that stuff. Not that it’s an excuse for this kind of thing to occur.

What happened here wasn't vaguely racist though. So it's likely about separating those who keep it to themselves from the more extremist elements who are pushing against the boundaries. With that, it should be considerably less than 1/4 I reckon.

...furthermore, replacing them with a more diverse skilled labour who have been over looked before should aid in decelerating those who attempt to brazenly show their bigotry on company time.

IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG
IMG_4523.JPG
IMG_4522.JPG

Residents invited to sign final beam of Michael Garron Hospital’s extension at ceremony on Aug. 24

August 23, 2020

Local residents are invited to put their name on piece of history during a Beam Signing Ceremony planned for East York’s Michael Garron Hospital on the afternoon of Monday, Aug. 24.

The ceremony will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. at the entrance to the hospital’s K-wing at 650 Sammon Ave.

The beam, which is the final structural beam for the hospital’s extension project, will be lifted into place on top of the Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre later this week. Construction began on the extension in April of 2018.

For the signing ceremony, the beam has been placed in an accessible location for all residents who wish to put their signature on it.

This final beam will be installed within the mechanical penthouse located on the roof of the new Centre.

MGH has partnered with The Aboriginal Healing Program community to symbolically name the beam the Unity Beam.

This is a significant milestone for Michael Garron Hospital’s redevelopment project as it signals the completion of the building’s steel structure and gives the hospital the green light to continue forward with the project’s interior works.

First.............a noose was at this construction site.................

Then...........another noose was found at this construction site............

Now.....this:

1601670833313.png

What the ever living.....................????

EllisDon needs to get a handle on this and find the culprit ASAP.

The alt-right is legion.

Many of Trump's senior advisors are alt-right.

Minecraft's creator is alt-right.

EllisDon has plenty of alt-right construction workers.

They are the scourge of humanity.

This is despicable. I’ve no idea what Ellis Don should do to ensure that this person (or people, most probably) get caught.

This is despicable. I’ve no idea what Ellis Don should do to ensure that this person (or people, most probably) get caught.
EllisDon could have checked every prospective employee's social media accounts as a starting point.

EllisDon could have checked every prospective employee's social media accounts as a starting point.

Maybe, but EllisDon probably only directly employs 5% of the workers on this site and there are likely 100+ people who pass through daily for deliveries, inspections etc. I don't know what the answer is, but I really do hope they figure out who's behind all of this soon.

Back