Building

Has anyone been inside the building and walked around yet? What is it like?

Terrific! If anyone is in the area can a photo update be done? I'm interested on how the base is coming along too. What floor is the north building at?
Thanks!

From my pad in the West end sky Minto North Tower looks mighty fine--5 more floors by the looks of it (binoculars come in handy;) I believe it is the best looking 50+story residential building built in Canada to date. A few dozen more @Y+E wouldn't hurt the nimbies....

update: went for a stroll from Eglinton West subway to Yonge St (and much much further:) and must say with late PM sun glowing on Minto it looks quite dramatic. A nice building--but I realized with all the older brownstones and old houses, who'd want to buy a new place up around that area? And dt toronto geek, I almost went in Yitzes myself but sadly had stopped to eat just a few blocks from there:( Must say I'd forgotten how much I love the Eglinton strip around bathurst. Definitely might just end up buying a pad up there.

Photographers, try shooting Minto from the hill on Eglinton near Bathurst--best spot and around 6PM.

From my pad in the West end sky Minto North Tower looks mighty fine--5 more floors by the looks of it (binoculars come in handy;) I believe it is the best looking 50+story residential building built in Canada to date. A few dozen more @Y+E wouldn't hurt the nimbies....

It's MIGHTY fine! Yes, I also believe Y+E needs could certainly use more intensification.

I need pictures!!! Perhaps I'll head up to Yitzes for beef knish to go and snap some photos on the way back.

hmm really?

Just how many 50+ story residential towers are their in Canada....

I don't think your picking from a very big list .. and out of them it's probably the nicest.

Some pics I took on the way home today:

GalleriaMall074.jpg

GalleriaMall076.jpg

GalleriaMall077.jpg

GalleriaMall078.jpg

GalleriaMall079.jpg

GalleriaMall081.jpg

GalleriaMall080.jpg

The base is great, except for the fact the retail is needlessly hidden. But it's only TD.

Minto is turning out nicely. The height is perfect for the location (despite some considering me "afraid of heights" wrt a few controversal projects, I think tall condos have their place, like here), the base is attractive (but as I say not perfect) and the quality looks good. It has a nice massing, with a good blend of Art Moderne and Modernism.

The base is great, except for the fact the retail is needlessly hidden. But it's only TD.

Well the windows for the retail units come right out to the sidewalk. The only thing hidden is the entrance to the units and the signage (which I wouldn't say is a bad thing)

I'm loving these buildings. The angles are great, I love the upper setbacks, great base (pay attention Canderel Stoneridge!), the attention to detail is splendid and the completed roof on the south tower is very handsome. Kudos to Minto, well done. This is becoming one my favorate new condo developments in the past few years along with The Met and 18 Yorkville.

Back