Minto Update

I was in the south building today. Everything looks great. I was in some of the suites. The units facing west I believe are the best. anything higher than the 15-20th floor, alot of greenspace to look at with the public park north of Eglinton west. In the east there are too many high rises and the south is good but the west is the gem. Occupancy is starting on Friday, The building amenities will not be usable untill late nov early dec. As for the workout room, it will be really nice and the pool will be great which will get sunlight in the morning (east facing). The Lobby itself will be small, boutique (ish). As for retail , TD Bank in the South, The Keg in the north and now starbucks has signed on.

I was in the south building today. Everything looks great. I was in some of the suites. The units facing west I believe are the best. anything higher than the 15-20th floor, alot of greenspace to look at with the public park north of Eglinton west. In the east there are too many high rises and the south is good but the west is the gem. Occupancy is starting on Friday, The building amenities will not be usable untill late nov early dec. As for the workout room, it will be really nice and the pool will be great which will get sunlight in the morning (east facing). The Lobby itself will be small, boutique (ish). As for retail , TD Bank in the South, The Keg in the north and now starbucks has signed on.

YAY Starbucks!!!!! Awesome!!! will it be in the South or North podium?

I am continually impressed by the quality of these buildings and now the retail components (great mix so far). Not living in the Yonge/Eg. area I'm a tad jealous that a project of this quality isn't downtown (although there certainly are some quality existing projects and many in the works). But in the end Yonge/Eg. could sure use a couple of high quality buildings like these so that's great for the good residents in this neighbourhood!

Midtown

I was back at the south tower today. By the end of the weekend the building should look like less of a construction site and more welcoming. Lobby and underground parking should be accessible. Security is tight with about 20+ security guards on the premise.

A very long year, now why couldn't the Tim Horton's move into the north tower instead of Starbucks! It's going to have to move eventually anyway! I must get down sometime in the next two weeks and have a better look at the progress. I MUST walk the alley this time and get a peek at where my actual unit is :).

Mary

A very long year, now why couldn't the Tim Horton's move into the north tower instead of Starbucks! It's going to have to move eventually anyway! I must get down sometime in the next two weeks and have a better look at the progress. I MUST walk the alley this time and get a peek at where my actual unit is :).

Mary

I don't like Tim Horton,

Starbucks on the other hand, hmmm ice venti white chocolate moccha :D

I was back at the south tower today. By the end of the weekend the building should look like less of a construction site and more welcoming. Lobby and underground parking should be accessible. Security is tight with about 20+ security guards on the premise.

take pictures!

Also why do they need extra security?

I would think they'd need extra security because of how many people are coming in and out all the time now that people are starting to move in and the building is accessible to people other than those working on the construction. Very few people living there plus high traffic of non-residents may cause some security concerns. There are quite a number of pictures of the inside of the south tower on facebook. I'd like to see it for myself eventually :).

Mary

I would think they'd need extra security because of how many people are coming in and out all the time now that people are starting to move in and the building is accessible to people other than those working on the construction. Very few people living there plus high traffic of non-residents may cause some security concerns. There are quite a number of pictures of the inside of the south tower on facebook. I'd like to see it for myself eventually :).

Mary

I might just enter the tower tomorrow, since I have to stop by the office to meet Louise. I just wanna check out the interior :)

There are quite a number of pictures of the inside of the south tower on facebook. I'd like to see it for myself eventually

What is the name of the group on Facebook?

Just got back from the site. There's still so much construction stuff. I don't know how they could start moving people in with that condition

Back