P1070665.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,859
  • P1070666.JPG
    P1070666.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,866
  • P1070667.JPG
    P1070667.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,844
Actual assembly of the tower crane started this morning - by noon it was basically complete, and by 1:30 this afternoon the mobile crane was down, packed up, heading up the ramp and out of the site. I guess with all the buildings being done in Toronto over the past few years, the crews have got the process of erecting tower cranes down to an art.

Actual assembly of the tower crane started this morning - by noon it was basically complete, and by 1:30 this afternoon the mobile crane was down, packed up, heading up the ramp and out of the site. I guess with all the buildings being done in Toronto over the past few years, the crews have got the process of erecting tower cranes down to an art.
The amount of business they accumulate on a weekly basis is unreal. I follow a few of the operators on Instagram accounts, literally a new site every 2 days.

Anyone knows what happen on Sept 28 for CA to increase the height of the project, as well decrease the number of parking spots??

Yes.

The Minor Variance Application is Approved on Condition

It is the decision of the Committee of Adjustment to approve this variance application for the following reasons:

•  The general intent and purpose of the Official Plan is maintained.
  •  The general intent and purpose of the Zoning By-law is maintained.
  •  The variance(s) is considered desirable for the appropriate development of the land.
  •  In the opinion of the Committee, the variance(s) is minor.

This decision is subject to the following condition(s):
    1. (1) Of the total number of dwelling units, a minimum of 10% residential units shall be constructed as 2 bedroom units and a minimum of 10% residential units shall be constructed as 3 bedroom units.
    2. (2) Prior to Site Plan Approval, the applicant submit landscape drawings which illustrate the planting of trees or equivalent soft landscaping in the boulevard on Front Street West, to the satisfaction of the Director, Community Planning and East York District, in consultation with the Manager, Tree Protection and Plan Review, Urban Forestry.
    3. (3) That the reductions in floor-to-ceiling height are substantially in accordance with the plans date stamped by Committee of Adjustment Staff May 31, 2016 and September 6, 2016.
    4. (4) That the projection of enclosures, structures and equipment related to the parking garage are substantially in accordance with the plans date stamped by Committee of Adjustment Staff May 31, 2016 and September 6, 2016.

(5) The owner/applicant shall make a cash payment by way of a certified cheque, payable to the Treasurer, City of Toronto, in the amount of $185,000 to the satisfaction of the City Solicitor and to be allocated at the discretion of the Chief Planner and Executive Director of City Planning in consultation with the Ward Councillor as follows:
5.(i) $11,000 for capital improvements to Toronto Community Housing Corporation properties located in Ward 20;
(ii) $100,000 for improvements to parkland, streetscape, and public realm in the area bounded by Front Street West, Bathurst Street, King Street West, and Spadina Avenue; and
(iii) $74,000 for pedestrian and cycling infrastructure improvements in Ward 20.

Number of storeys stays at 20, highest point stays at 69 metres, as best as I can tell. (Maybe we were already reporting the sought-after numbers? If it's not that, then I'm not reading the document correctly.)

Third crane at Minto Westside now being installed in the north-west corner of the site:

Minto Westside Third Crane.jpg

Attachments

• Minto Westside Third Crane.jpg
    Minto Westside Third Crane.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 674

Back