Well, you will get the "cream coloured stone and a welcoming retail on the ground floor" part.

I'm not sure what the occupancy is on the existing structure but it's interesting that this was able to go through without any replacement office proposed.

I'm not sure what the occupancy is on the existing structure but it's interesting that this was able to go through without any replacement office proposed.

Just went to the VIP launch scheduled occupancy September 2018. Whole building getting demolished.

I'm going over the details of Minto Yorkville Park. For such a prime location, I'm surprised that there will be 200 units in a 25 story building, with 5,670 square foot floorplates. Ceilings will be 9 feet, and units range in size from 441 square feet to 1055 square feet (excluding penthouses). This link features PDF specifications and floorplans: www.condoinvestments.ca/yorkvillepark

I had expected far fewer units units and international luxury standard 10+ foot ceilings, not unlike the 35 unit 4 E. Elm, currently selling in Chicago's Gold Coast (units start at 3,095 square feet). Here's a link to 4 E. Elm, including specifications and floorplans: http://4eastelm.com

Last edited:
Your expectations were closer to being met in the original 22-storey version, but there are simply too many high-end luxury units on the Toronto market. That's the only part of the condo market which is more than saturated. Many "international luxury standard" units remain unsold at Trump, the Ritz, Shangri-La, and at the tops of several other towers. Minto themselves misjudged that market with their offerings at 2 St. Thomas and at the Avendale, and both were pulled off the market. This project was redesigned so that it would sell.

Your expectations were closer to being met in the original 22-storey version, but there are simply too many high-end luxury units on the Toronto market. That's the only part of the condo market which is more than saturated. Many "international luxury standard" units remain unsold at Trump, the Ritz, Shangri-La, and at the tops of several other towers. Minto themselves misjudged that market with their offerings at 2 St. Thomas and at the Avendale, and both were pulled off the market. This project was redesigned so that it would sell.

It is a shame but at the VIP sales most big units at the Minto were sold out. I think people want more variety then hotel condo style high end units. High Maintenance will piss off most international buyers.

I can't wait till the high end luxury market explodes in our city because these tiny cookie cutter floor plans really gotta go and a developers like Conservsatory(Yonge/Church) need to stop building in our city.

Our product in the core is so mediocre with only a handful of buildings worth buying/living in. Time will tell when our city can step it up.

Conservatory certainly ate their hat on Waterways in etobicoke, their largest tower yet and its sales bombed, essentially flatlining around 15%. They probably lost a ton of money on that one.

my understanding is that they quietly took the taller tower off the market and launched the smaller tower in the development instead. Waterways is off their website list of condo developments, that is for sure.

Correct, it's The Cove that's now in sales in place of Waterways.

It will be interesting to see how Minto Yorkville does. If RZ12 is correct and just about all of the larger units have sold, what's to stop Minto from changing the floor where the suites get larger, moving it down the building? Anyway, they may not need to if they can sell the smaller units just as quickly.

Correct, it's The Cove that's now in sales in place of Waterways.

It will be interesting to see how Minto Yorkville does. If RZ12 is correct and just about all of the larger units have sold, what's to stop Minto from changing the floor where the suites get larger, moving it down the building? Anyway, they may not need to if they can sell the smaller units just as quickly.

1 Yorkville had abit of trouble selling their smaller units but of course that development is over double the size.I don't know if they sold out yet but they didn't even increase price of the units for a long time. The smaller units at Minto ( West Facing) were sold out even before VIP started. But these floor plans are much better then 1 Yorkville and the appeal of mid rise condos in Yorkville appeal to a lot of buyers. But per sq foot is insane for this prime lot But when you have "24k karat gold" shower head, faucet, etc of course the price premium is added on.

I think there is a significant number of medical offices in the building - it isn't really a regular "office tower".

AoD

Retail gone as it get's closer to leaving us.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4056.JPG
    IMG_4056.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG