the westbank IG just put up this photo, taken before they installed the printed brick/stone facades.
perhaps it is this person: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Wallace_(artist)

I guess the lack of praise for this building was either due to budget cuts which affected the outcome, or we just don't "get" his art in this case.
As long as you're not suggesting that "we" means everyone reading this thread. Just because a few people are bemoaning the work so far does not mean that everyone reading the thread should be assumed to be falling into line with the whinging about something unorthodox here.

I don't think it was whining about something unorthodox here though. Rather, many I suspected assumed it was cladding until we where told it was an installation instead. And to be fair, many of us have been exposed to fine examples of Frankencladding on this forum and naturally assumed the worst before that fact. And perhaps that's the point of what the artist is doing here...

...my opinion after that fact still remains though. That is, it's still cladding even if it comes with an artist's signature. And for good or bad.

As long as you're not suggesting that "we" means everyone reading this thread. Just because a few people are bemoaning the work so far does not mean that everyone reading the thread should be assumed to be falling into line with the whinging about something unorthodox here.

Glad to hear there is a spectrum of responses to this installation. The developer could easily have done nothing, but decided to hire a respected Canadian artist to put something up for us. Just the putting in this effort is miles ahead of what others in town are doing. I hope this will be the first (?) of many future attempts to spruce up building exteriors.

Back