So 1/8th One Bloor East design, 1/8th standard Toronto condo design, 1/8ths townhouse design, 1/8th Standard condo podium design, with 1/4 unknown.

What in the planet is going on with this design?

I like the design, it reminds me of the tower under construction in Ottawa that'll be the tallest in the city, it has a similar treatment of balconies, albeit less wonderful. Considering the areas had a lot of more solid materials used in the condos nearby, I'm fine with this design in that specific area.

Renderings have now been published in the dataBase file, linked at the top of the page.

Update:
A growing corridor of high-rise residential developments along Mississauga's Hurontario Street is about to get denser. The latest project to enter marketing in this area is Plaza's Mississauga Square, a 33-storey condominium and townhome development coming to the intersection of Hurontario Street and Nahani Way, a short distance north of Eglinton Avenue.

just note, but there are 2 different projects under this thread. The lands for sale on the previous page, and the renders posted on the first page are for the high density portion of the townhouses plot that was recently built, and Mississauga Square is for the lot along Nihani.

Across the street from the Pinnacle development
f331b5db-6c12-4571-b9aa-07411f6abed3_zpskqsqplj8.jpg

This is an example of the second-fiddle place Generic Naming Syndrome.

They should have called the project "Hurontario Square" or something. Mississauga needs more street-or location-named projects.

This is going to be good for the area. Wishing it was a couple of towers instead of one tower and some townhouses. I always found it so weird how many open fields there are by the Hurontario-Eglinton intersection, it's nice to see them finally getting developed.

I'm interested to see what else is planned for this area. I hope one day we can see some new density developed all the way from Hurontario-Elginton to the 403. I know the new LRT coming will give that development a bit of a kick.

This is going to be good for the area. Wishing it was a couple of towers instead of one tower and some townhouses. I always found it so weird how many open fields there are by the Hurontario-Eglinton intersection, it's nice to see them finally getting developed.

I'm interested to see what else is planned for this area. I hope one day we can see some new density developed all the way from Hurontario-Elginton to the 403. I know the new LRT coming will give that development a bit of a kick.
The south east corner empty land has about 2.5 million sq ft in the planning stage.

The land west of Hurontario by the creek is to become a park and fire hall as per section 37 with Pinnacle International for their development in the north west corner.

The land on the north side of Eglinton, east of Hurontario is supposed to be long term development at this time and no plans in places at this time.

The 3 plazas on the corners are to be redevelop to high density, but 20 years or so down the road.

Having townhouses next to this site on Hurontario is dumb, but dealing with a city not willing to look at real density nor tall towers. Ask Pinnacle what they originally had plan for their site and why they down graded it to what there now as well the last 3 towers still to be built.

The block or 2 north of this site should be torn down with mid to tall rise replacing them.

End of the day, the city is building in ward than the normal outward.

Back