Parking lot is closed.

Very interesting! Driving by last night, it looked like there was fencing along the Dundas St. side, but wasn't sure if it was new....I guess if this is going to be a rental building, then they can just start digging!

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 2R1

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 178230 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Jun 10, 2010

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - Construction of a new 29 storey rental apartment building with 219 below grade parking spaces & commercial at grade. This building will have 463 residential units, commercial retail at grade and three(3) levels of below grade parking garage. See all related folders related for more information related to this property.

Back to Search Results page

Please find the rendering attached,
Looks awesome!

Attachments

• Bay and Dundas Rental.JPG
    Bay and Dundas Rental.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 435
Like it. But surely there's not going to be a gap in the streetwall between 1CH and this project? That would suck...the life out of the area.

Any idea who the architect is? (Looks very aA meets Wallman, sort of like aA's Quay West.)

Last edited:
Additional Details
· 29 storeys of new rental living with 11,500 SF of retail space at grade
· 463 suites in total with the vast majority being studio and one bedroom apartments between 415 and 560 SF
· Suites feature modern finishes and include dishwashers and insuite washer/dryers
· Extensive building amenities include a resident lounge, games room, study/work centre, gym facility and numerous outdoor terraces with BBQ and lounge areas
· The development will target the highest level of Toronto Green Standards (Tier 2) and LEED Gold
· Construction is scheduled to begin this summer with building completion anticipated for fall 2012

570BayRend-ConcertProp.jpg

Hellooooo UrbanDreamer,

No clue about the architect, but I will inquire.

With regards to the gap between the two buildings, as far as I am aware the small restaurant/building will remain (seen HERE).

re: gap in streetwall - Years ago Diamante was trying to assemble the full city block, but that restaurant remained a hold-out and was unwilling to sell.

Oh right. It's a sort of cool modernist-style building; however, I'm sure the owner is happy--I could see a highrise "loft" building here. Although it's interesting to note, that while these new developments bring density, the real charm is in the revitalized Victorian retail strip across the street....

(Looks like Ryerson missed a good opportunity with their business school--they could've built student housing on top of the school.)

Last edited:
The "ring" around all the balconies on the east side makes the building seem very imposing to me -- I'm not sure I like the scale of that feature.

463 suites in total with the vast majority being studio and one bedroom apartments between 415 and 560 SF

Sounds like this building will appeal to Ryerson / U of T students.

Shame about that little building on Dundas that will now be wedged in between these two... it will probably be there forever now.

The architect is Young and Wright/IBI Group Architects.

It's not that big, nor is it that overbearing when you look at the general scale of Bay Street. Ideally Bay will be a continuous canyon from here to its terminus north of Bloor, though there are a couple of low-rise sites that I'd like retained. Overall I'd say this continues the positive transformation we've been seeing on Bay, and along with Murano, Burano, 880, and Lumiere we're finally seeing some respectable architecture.

I think it looks great. Much better than what I was expecting. This is looks like a cool building. Whew! This is a load off my mind. The tower seems to mirror the other building next door though it's different developers and architects. Right?

Back