PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
New docs posted February 20. Render of phase 2A at the corner of Dundas and Dension:

Architects are CS&P and SvN.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...2845571&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

New docs posted February 20. Render of phase 2A at the corner of Dundas and Dension:

View attachment 179169

Architects are CS&P and SvN.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...2845571&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Good to see them making their way to the Dundas frontage.

I am of the opinion the changes at Dundas are key to this working, particularly further west of this, where Augusta would again be a through street.

The area has always felt more closed off from the north.

Last edited by a moderator:
plus the street frontage along Dundas today has completely killed what would probably otherwise be a pretty vibrant street being so close to Kensington.

I am of the opinion the changed at Dundas are key to this working, particularly further west of this, where Augusta would again be a through street.
This is actually the westernmost lot in the Alexandra Park redevelopment:

I hope the retail does OK here. These retail units might be a bit of a tough sell until the next few phases that connect east along Dundas to Spadina.

A few other interesting materials from the planning docs...

View from the Alexandra Ave side:

An older iteration of the design (the latest version is definitely an improvement, especially the podium):

And the phasing plan for the remaining parcels:

This is actually the westernmost lot in the Alexandra Park redevelopment:
View attachment 179222

I hope the retail does OK here. These retail units might be a bit of a tough sell until the next few phases that connect east along Dundas to Spadina.

Looking at these, I'm reminded that I really wish they had proposed bringing Kensington south as well.

This proposal looks great.

Re the Kensington Ave connection -- IMO Augusta the market's real 'main street', despite the name, so in that sense the connection is in the right place. Will there be a new crosswalk at Augusta?

Come on! I'm not here to flame anyone but - SEPARATE ENTRANCES???? So if you're a social housing user, you won't forget it! That is horrible. I read about this in New York and shake my head - not in Toronto - and here it is.

Come on! I'm not here to flame anyone but - SEPARATE ENTRANCES???? So if you're a social housing user, you won't forget it! That is horrible. I read about this in New York and shake my head - not in Toronto - and here it is.
It's a separate tower, elevator core, and ownership structure.

This is a common "fear" among the city's progressives.. but there are physical realities as to why there are usually separate entrances. TCHC in this case does not want to be a minority owner in a condo corporation - they want to own their units outright, which means that they have to be separate.

There are lots of affordable units in the city that operate without a separate entrance.. but there is nothing wrong with a building being 100% affordable either.

The tower and podium look absolutely fantastic. I cant wait to see it come to fuition because it looks absolutely outstanding in every way. shape in form.

Those townhouse however really need to be refined; they remind me of what's already on site, and not in a good way either. They look like your current typical TCHC styled townhouse complex.

Back