Aug 11
6034072835_7eb4b3c7b4_b.jpg

6034073313_b9d2fef3ac_b.jpg

I was about to write that it was the Bedford condo site where this incident occured yesterday. However, I double checked, and you're right! Gosh, this building gives me the shivers.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110815/110815_police_blotter/20110815/?hub=CP24Home

Glass also fell from One Bedford on Saturday, now this yet again today. Luckily injuries were not serious, but it was going to happen sooner or later. Hopefully it was from the north tower, not the south.

Why do they say Grenville. If you look at the picture, it's Grosvenor and Bay.

Fact checking and accurate reporting in the media has, to a great extent, become secondary to getting a sensational story published or broadcasted. One or two glass breaks ago at Murano The National was showing Burano while the glass actually fell from Murano. It was disappointing to see that the CBC couldn't even get it right.

I wonder if this will hurt resale values? I for one would never buy from Lanterra after this mess.

I hope the developer has a good PR agency to help save what rep. they have left.

Glass also fell from One Bedford on Saturday, now this yet again today. Luckily injuries were not serious, but it was going to happen sooner or later. Hopefully it was from the north tower, not the south.

According to the Star the glass fell from the south tower ! If I am not mistaken this is the first time the south tower has had glass explode. This is becoming a nightmare for Lanterra.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...ass-in-toronto-woman-hit-on-bay-st-today?bn=1

Yah! Bad news for Lanterra. I wonder when city councillors will start enacting legislation about this issue.

Brutal PR disaster, and awful for all the residents and the neighbourhood. There is still hoarding around both the buildings with protection from falling debris.

For the condo owners (condo corp) this is probably covered by new home insurance; however, even after the fix these buildings will have a certain stigma associated to them for a while. It'll be hard to feel safe when walking around under those buildings as well as when using the balconies. Really bad situation for everyone involved here.

Lets just hope nobody gets seriously injured here!

This just got 1000000000000000x more serious.
I hope the lady can claim against lanterra or whoever is responsible, I guess hoarding around the building isn't enough.
Even though it's minor, it could have been easily worse.

There is, or was, no hoarding around the south tower. The hoarding began roughly halfway on Bay Street between the two buildings then continued along Grosvenor and also to the entrance of 37 Grosvenor so that residents could once again use the front entrance to the building. Presumably hoarding will go up around the south tower in the next day or two until they can figure out this mess. It must suck to live here with all these problems plus residents have lost use of the pool/whirlpool, jogging track & sundeck for the summer and with glass coming down from the south building now it's not likely they'll get use of it for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Back