"Joint Community Consultation Meeting

Planning Applications for: 103-111 Bathurst Street & 525 Adelaide Street West

Date: June 12, 2012
Time: 7pm-9pm
Place: Metro Hall (Room 308), 55 John Street

Proposal: 525 Adelaide Street West

This application proposes to amend the former City of Toronto by-law 438-86 to permit the development of a 19 storey mixed-use building with retail uses at grade and 440 units above. Included in the proposal are 302 parking spaces in four levels of underground parking to serve the project located in a below grade parking facility.

The proposal also includes the provision of lands for a future public park. It is being proposed that the park would be based on a stratified land ownership with the applicant retaining ownership of the underground parking beneath the proposed park.

The Preliminary Report providing background information regarding the proposal is scheduled to be before the T&EYCC on June 13, 2012 and will be available for viewing shortly [online]."

- I'm assuming the park is the courtyard? (my bolds)

- The schedule for the T&EYCC meeting has not been published yet

19 stories sounds too tall. That would make it the tallest building in this part of the city, no?

Well BobBob, if you check out google street view you will see that a block or so south of 525 Adelaide Street West on Bathurst Street there is a similar sized building. Whether that is enough or not to justify that height, not sure.

I think the building at the SE corner of King West and Techumseth is just as tall.

I've always thought its a bit of a shame that Adelaide runs one way East instead of West - another tall building on the north side of Adelaide would frame the church nicely.

I think the building at the SE corner of King West and Techumseth is just as tall.

I've always thought its a bit of a shame that Adelaide runs one way East instead of West - another tall building on the north side of Adelaide would frame the church nicely.

That's not going to happen. Factory Theatre is on the North side and deemed historical.

- I'm assuming the park is the courtyard? (my bolds)

I read somewhere that the parkette is expected to be 15% of the lot size. The rendering on the Context website (http://contextkingwest.ca/#siteplan) also show the location of the park being at the SE corner of the 525 lot.
...I'm glad to hear there's a parkette going in but I just wish it wasn't so small. Hopefully the community meeting will go into more details and the 15% is incorrect.

I read somewhere that the parkette is expected to be 15% of the lot size. The rendering on the Context website (http://contextkingwest.ca/#siteplan) also show the location of the park being at the SE corner of the 525 lot.
...I'm glad to hear there's a parkette going in but I just wish it wasn't so small. Hopefully the community meeting will go into more details and the 15% is incorrect.

The site is actually a bit west of that...

Picture 007.jpg

Roughly bordered by Adelaide St. W, Adelaide Pl., Browns Ln (if it extended to the East), & the 103-111 Bathurst Project (N/E/S/W)

The Context project is an interesting one though too!

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 433
Illy was pointing out that the Context King West site plan reveals a park at the south-east corner of the Musee lot.

Back