9794486444_4665e55b51_b.jpg

9794630676_7f66be59a7_b.jpg

9794509326_ece2024b54_b.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the multi-tonal blue spandrel on this building ends up looking as good as the black, gray, and white spandrels do on Residences of the RCMI…

But if they don't, in the long run they will be hidden when the parking lot to the south of this building is redeveloped, and the new project is built up against No210. (Michael Sweet Avenue will be moved to the south of the redevelopment site.)

Hm. That spandrel isn't as terrible as feared.

42, do you know if the parking lot will get moved underground, under the new project south of No210? Just curious. (I work in 180 Queen, and our bike parking is in that lot.)

That dark blue glazing is almost similar to the Bell building next door. Not bad looking at this stage and need to see more for final comments on it.

If they used that lighter blue on Address on Bloor Project, it would look better than what there now, but would still fail. Maybe the dark blue would work there.

Not as shimmery and luminescent as the renderings. It looks rather flat.
If the spandel panels were more reflective, pearlescent and/or metallic it would be a lot more interesting, but it's still early to make any solid judgements.

Hm. That spandrel isn't as terrible as feared.

42, do you know if the parking lot will get moved underground, under the new project south of No210? Just curious. (I work in 180 Queen, and our bike parking is in that lot.)

I don't know that for a fact, but I would be surprised if at least a reasonably-sized replacement were not included in a new project on that site. How packed does that garage get on a daily basis? (Not that you're necessarily seeing the top floor on a regular basis…)

Not as shimmery and luminescent as the renderings. It looks rather flat.
If the spandel panels were more reflective, pearlescent and/or metallic it would be a lot more interesting, but it's still early to make any solid judgements.

I think they'll need some panels that cross into shades of mauve and lilac too, or I fear it will look too flat too.

It does seem like it's shaping up to be a blue version of RCMI's wall treatment. Not inspiring, but better than a lot of P+S cladding efforts.

Looks to be a gradation from light to dark on each building face. Could be interesting when it's fully built, especially from a distance.
However I have a feeling that this design feature will not age very well and will date itself.

It will also be covered up after several years: the road to the south will be moved further south when the parking garage south of it gets redeveloped. The redevelopment will be built up against No210. That's why it's getting windowless, south-facing spandrel walls in the first place; so that the next buildings can built right up against it.

Back