From a couple weeks ago. Forgot to post.
F3BD0346-BA86-408B-9DE2-681A9884AE4C.jpeg
A7A6A0DE-5791-43E6-9B6F-69AD7B80C76A.jpeg

I know nothing about the financial side of the industry, but just out of curiosity I looked up the company that financed this and apparently they provided a $123.9 million construction loan. This is 26 units... so that works out to over $4.7 million per average unit in construction costs. I guess you can afford some architectural flair on a budget like that.

I know nothing about the financial side of the industry, but just out of curiosity I looked up the company that financed this and apparently they provided a $123.9 million construction loan. This is 26 units... so that works out to over $4.7 million per average unit in construction costs. I guess you can afford some architectural flair on a budget like that.

Units sold from $5.7 to $7.6M: $2276 per sqft.

For comparison, Toronto multi-unit average for new sales (downtown has strong representation in that calculation) for 2021 Q1 was $1,419 per sqft.

For comparison, Toronto multi-unit average for new sales (downtown has strong representation in that calculation) for 2021 Q1 was $1,419 per sqft.
Not surprising, when townhomes in Deer Park (Deer Park Crossing) located next to blocks of run-of-the-mill apartment towers are selling at $4.5 million and upwards a piece.

There were some penthouse units being marketed for $12M too a while back

I don't remember the Rosedale folks being upset about the height as much as they were offended that an apartment building was being proposed in what they believed to be an area with an "apartment ban" which is even more sinister than being freaked out about the height.

I don't remember the Rosedale folks being upset about the height as much as they were offended that an apartment building was being proposed in what they believed to be an area with an "apartment ban" which is even more sinister than being freaked out about the height.

It was definitely a "those people" kind of situation.

AoD

In the end of the day, it's the privilege complaining a building that will house the privilege. Making their opposition this condo project both pointless, silly and one that boils down to opinions of aesthetics, perceived, imagined or otherwise.

Back