FFDD0966-6B85-4B70-8A68-FA8C3178E07D.jpeg

View attachment 377433

Some new curtain wall has gone up, decent I guess, but a bit too little too late.

Reminder of what was supposed to be used on the podium, that black window wall was supposed to have an infused copper screen.

(Source)

material+palette.jpeg

As someone who has nothing to do with this project, I feel really bad for the architects in this case, their design was quite detailed and deserved care and attention that was not given by the developer.

Madison Group deserves all the shame they've recieved and more. Seriously embarassing they believe these downgrades in design won't be noticed.

Reminder of what was supposed to be used on the podium, that black window wall was supposed to have an infused copper screen.

(Source)

View attachment 377436

As someone who has nothing to do with this project, I feel really bad for the architects in this case, their design was quite detailed and deserved care and attention that was not given by the developer.

Madison Group deserves all the shame they've recieved and more. Seriously embarassing they believe these downgrades in design won't be noticed.

When you buy a building off wish.com.

I don’t even think I’d care as much if they were just honest with their materials from the get go. The bait and switch is so egregious. I question the quality of the entire build and the interiors—if I was a buyer here I’d be furious.

I have so little faith that Alias is going to turn out any better.

The only positive thing about Nobu is that it's on a tiny little side street surrounded by other tall buildings. The podium will only be visible to those unfortunate enough to be walking on Mercer or the laneway. And the tower will really only stand out from the south east angle where it will likely just blend in with the surrounding forest of uglies. Fact is, if one were to choose the ideal block on which to hide an ugly building, this might be it. Not that this excuses the developer in any way from their gross deception. Indeed, I suspect they figured they'd get away with it because the building is so obscured.

(Source)

View attachment 377436

Can you imagine what this project would have looked like with those materials?

...so yeah, we were expecting a Shirley Temple here. And they gave us a spandrel Frankenstein's monster instead. /sigh

And why buying something that's not yet built is a terrible idea. There's NOTHING preventing a developer from changing materials, design elements, etc. If a car manufacturer did this, they'd get sued into oblivion. Developers should have the same obligations to consumers as Ford, Tesla, Apple, Lululemon, and every other company selling a product.

That they're allowed to do this is mind-boggling. You'd think at some point people will say enough is enough and enact strict rules and regulations about delivering on the images being sold to consumers AND be held accountable when they don't follow through. Developers can argue till they're blue in the face but we know full well that consumers buy based on the images presented to them. Burying conditions is small print legal jargon doesn't make it ok. It makes them dishonest people who know how to exploit and deceive for monetary gain..

Last edited:

Back