Taken Nov 21, 2021
20211121_153312.jpg

Does anyone happen to know the estimated completion time for this project? Especially with the restaurant "Nobu" set to open by 2022?
At this rate of progress, certainly, a delay is imminent.

I harshly criticized the back cladding. It is unacceptable and a real shame that many on this forum excused it.

That being said, I do not mind what I am seeing in the front. It looks like decent curtain wall and it is almost exactly what was promised in the renderings (as seen on the database page). It gives me a little hope that the tower portion will be decent. 🤞

I harshly criticized the back cladding. It is unacceptable and a real shame that many on this forum excused it.

That being said, I do not mind what I am seeing in the front. It looks like decent curtain wall and it is almost exactly what was promised in the renderings (as seen on the database page). It gives me a little hope that the tower portion will be decent. 🤞

I feel like the front is quite a deviation from the renderings. Even the black cladding at the ground level is completely different. I'm still hoping it turns out alright but no one can say this hasn't gone through The Cheapening Machine multiple times.

B9AB9BB5-1487-412F-9B73-DE96F0104DB4.jpeg
15117-81645.jpeg
(Source: UT Database)

I hope they'll do a good job preserving those old facades real nice to blend in with the new!

While there still a degree of over busyness in the window walls from the renderings that I preferred to have been toned down, it's still fairly uniformed and textured...which is not what we're getting here in reality.

...also up on the value engineered chopping block I suspect is that gold tint for the tower windows. I suspect it will be Toronto grey'd all the way up. /sigh

Back