It actually looks less stupid with some landscaping in front of it. Still stupid, but less so. Maybe the extra colours and textures are helping to soften the contrast a bit.

It's Lanterra. Either their taste is off or their quality. Murano had taste from the outside but horrible finishing throughout the buildings. Maybe Bedford won't have pieces of glass/brick fall off this one :)

It's Lanterra. Either their taste is off or their quality. Murano had taste from the outside but horrible finishing throughout the buildings. Maybe Bedford won't have pieces of glass/brick fall off this one :)

So does this mean that Ice will be a complete botch job inside?

Great shots, i42!

I think this little courtyard space is just beautiful :)

Tucking the facade inside the building ( as was done with the limestone Savarin facade, now the glory of the Turf Lunge on Bay Street ) might have been a beter solution. Forming an entire wall of a room with it would have given it more heft. As it now stands, stuck out there in the open, it's sadder than the entrance of the old YMCA building which stands at the rear of the Police Headquarters forecourt on College just west of Yonge.

I wish I wouldn't have seen this pic... going to be sad everytime I walk by there. That beautiful building is a big loss for the city.

From today
20110514024.jpg

20110514022.jpg

20110514021.jpg

glass falling here too?

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1039130--falling-glass-from-annex-condo-closes-road?bn=1

More glass has rained down on Toronto streets, this time from the 32nd floor balcony of a condominium under construction in the Annex.

Toronto police said Bedford Rd. has been closed between Prince Arthur Ave. and Bloor St. since 2:25 p.m., while the fire department and provincial Ministry of Labour investigate. The road is expected to reopen around 6 p.m.

No one was injured when the single, large pane of glass fell, bounced off the front-door overhang and smashed onto the ground, police said. But numerous instances of falling glass from downtown buildings have been reported this year.

How many buildings does this make now? And it's all new buildings completed in the past year or so. Is this all coming from the same supplier?

Back