Finally some glass going on the overhang on the Yonge street side.
IMG_7870.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7870.JPG
    IMG_7870.JPG
    821.9 KB · Views: 478
This is a nice tower. I think most cities that we see as having superior architecture to Toronto on average would likely be happy to have this tower. I have had my relatives in town this week, and they all asked me about it on a walk, stating that they thought it was "beautiful". Not that their opinion is overly qualified when it comes to architecture. I mention it only because they are from Europe which many often see as having a higher architectural standard.
I think it's all too common to dismiss the opinions of people with no architectural qualifications. Architecture is at its core needs to be functional above all else and is meant to be seen and used by the masses. So what the masses think matters. It's also inherently subjective and I wouldn't necessarily value the opinions of an architect above those of a layperson.

Today, more overhang glass installed on the Yonge St. side. People have moved in up to the 66th floor from I can see on the west side.
IMG_7883.JPG
IMG_7884.JPG
IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7883.JPG
    IMG_7883.JPG
    625.7 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_7884.JPG
    IMG_7884.JPG
    968.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_7885.JPG
    IMG_7885.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_7886.JPG
    IMG_7886.JPG
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_7887.JPG
    IMG_7887.JPG
    985.9 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
A stand-up view! (One interesting effect of the view from that angle is the light going through the northwest and southeast corners at the top of the building. It reminds me that we're still waiting to see what the night-lighting effect will be up there!)

The Yonge and Bloor store has more serious problems than the logo signs. It has been neglected for quite some time.

Last edited:
The Yonge and Bloor store has more serious problems than the logo signs. It has been neglected for quite some time.
Ironic given their push to being more upscale; leaving the Yorkville location looking like a Sears from the mid-80s with only minor improvements over the past couple of years. Not to mention being attached to the tallest building with their name on it.

Who knows maybe the Nordstrom Rack that will be in One Bloor East will force The Bay to renovate their space. The whole situation is odd since these are two players that you dont associate with the Yorkville clientele.

Im curious to see what the Nordstrom Rack space looks like here.

Back