BloorMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not really, that location was set-up for failure from the start. A basement, over priced food, with a very obscure street level presence that is overshadowed by a massive department store and homophobic fried chicken fast food.

I remember walking around the grocery store when it opened and thought what a bad business decision.
I know what you mean but nevertheless, I'll miss their prepared food specials that were offered every evening.

zang

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know what you mean but nevertheless, I'll miss their prepared food specials that were offered every evening.
It was failing even before Covid, unfortunately. Personally, I think it could've thrived with a pivot to ghost kitchen offerings and the like and an expansion of essentials over premium products. However, McEwan himself has kinda spent the whole pandemic acting like everything would be hunky dory if the government would just open things up like they were, rather than choosing to be aware of the change in tastes, incomes and mobility that the pandemic has wrought. There are damn good people working for McEwan, even at that location, and I know there's been a lot of built up frustration over his handling of things.