I totally agree, this project has turned out really well. The fact that there are community gardens on the roof of the podium is incredible. I'd love to have a garden plot to grow vegetables.

The podium looks sharp. The towers seem a bit prison-like to me with those slit windows though. And I don't see how the towers relate to the podium.

It reminds me more of certain 1960s office towers. Residential buildings should have wider windows. Fortunately, there are balconies.

Nobody has to buy a unit where they don't think the window is wide enough. Apparently it didn't stop people buying. Go in one of those units, and you'll see that they get plenty of light. Look for one of our front page stories on the building that has pictures of the interiors to see what you think.

Meanwhile, One Park Place represents a 60-40 split in solid/tranparent cladding that the City would like to see in all buildings to improve their thermal performance. The future is less glass.

A pre-con buyer might not even think about how wide the windows are when they buy in this era of glass boxes--large windows are the norm. Are there subsidized units here? Those people might not have a choice.

There's nothing like a living room of glass and a view of the skyline.

I think this is the first time in history that the actual building looks better than the render :D Love the fact that it isn't all glass.

Gotta love UT

The prevailing thought from the majority of members here is that there is too much glass on buildings in the city. And now, someone is complaining there's not enough glass on this building.

There's more than enough glass in the units here for a good view

8AcGwyk.jpg

Gotta love UT

The prevailing thought from the majority of members here is that there is too much glass on buildings in the city. And now, someone is complaining there's not enough glass on this building.

There's more than enough glass in the units here for a good view

I personally prefer floor to ceiling windows and an uninterrupted view... however, at the end of the day, that is near the bottom of my list. It's definitely not a deal breaker if the layout and finishes are great.

In the case of One Park Place, I love the buildings as is. The podium and the towers look amazing. The windows, being part of the overall aesthetic are what make this project stand out and that is more important to me than the uninterrupted view.

A pre-con buyer might not even think about how wide the windows are when they buy in this era of glass boxes--large windows are the norm. Are there subsidized units here? Those people might not have a choice.

Might not have a choice? What kind of world do you think this is? This is a market condo. Even if there were subsidized units in here, nobody is being frogmarched into living in particular subsidized units against their will anywhere in town.

The renderings have always shown what the exterior of One Park Place would be like. The units have plenty of light inside and good views because the windows are plenty big enough.

In regards to the hypothetical buyer you have concocted…

Who cares if a "pre-con" buyer might "not even think about how wide the windows are"? There is no excuse for being taken by surprise, as the renderings are always viewable. If someone did buy without looking at the plans, why would you have an ounce of sympathy for them, why would you give their disappointment a passing thought? Anyone putting down the kind of money it takes to buy a condo in Toronto takes full responsibility for their actions when they do, not matter whether they have done their due diligence or not.

Meanwhile, no real world suite purchaser has posted a complaint about the windows in this building on UrbanToronto.

Might not have a choice? What kind of world do you think this is? This is a market condo. Even if there were subsidized units in here, nobody is being frogmarched into living in particular subsidized units against their will anywhere in town.

The renderings have always shown what the exterior of One Park Place would be like. The units have plenty of light inside and good views because the windows are plenty big enough.

In regards to the hypothetical buyer you have concocted…

Who cares if a "pre-con" buyer might "not even think about how wide the windows are"? There is no excuse for being taken by surprise, as the renderings are always viewable. If someone did buy without looking at the plans, why would you have an ounce of sympathy for them, why would you give their disappointment a passing thought? Anyone putting down the kind of money it takes to buy a condo in Toronto takes full responsibility for their actions when they do, not matter whether they have done their due diligence or not.

Meanwhile, no real world suite purchaser has posted a complaint about the windows in this building on UrbanToronto.

Exterior renderings from a distance aren't that good in showing the sizes of windows. They're "artist's renderings" only (not something to rely on). If there were subsidized units in this building, people would have to take what they're given. There's a waiting list for public housing, and you don't have many options when you're poor.

Exterior renderings from a distance aren't that good in showing the sizes of windows. They're "artist's renderings" only (not something to rely on). If there were subsidized units in this building, people would have to take what they're given. There's a waiting list for public housing, and you don't have many options when you're poor.

You do realize that floor plans and sales material would clearly state that these are 3 individual windows, and not floor to ceiling, right?

My personal preference is for a mix of wall and windows rather than all windows. It gives me more wall space for my art and I like having defined windows.

Bought a unit in south tower. Really happy the way this project has turned out. Clicked some pictures, thought i'll share.

IMG_20141227_145134.jpg
IMG_20141227_145027.jpg
IMG_20141227_142511.jpg
IMG_20141226_124848.jpg
IMG-20141226-WA0009.jpg
IMG_20141223_114528.jpg
IMG_20141223_114339.jpg
IMG_20141223_113317.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141227_145134.jpg
    IMG_20141227_145134.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,098