DSC08181.JPG

DSC08182.JPG

DSC08184.JPG

DSC08185.JPG

DSC08186.JPG

DSC08187.JPG

DSC08188.JPG

DSC08198.JPG

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is the project address 11 Centre Avenue if the main lobby is at Armoury and Chestnut? Does it have multiple addresses?

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is the project address 11 Centre Avenue if the main lobby is at Armoury and Chestnut? Does it have multiple addresses?
Addresses for development projects typically reflect what was on the site before, and are not normally changed until the buildings are about to open.

Addresses for development projects typically reflect what was on the site before, and are not normally changed until the buildings are about to open.

I guess that was the 'address' of the parking lot for property tax, etc. until the province bought it.

I notice that some of the addresses here on UT use 11 Centre Street, but it is 11 Centre Avenue.

Some of the rebar on this project is massive, measuring between 45mm - 75mm in diameter. You can see some of them on the columns - they have silver couplings attached to them. The rebar is threaded to connect into the coupling at both ends, instead of wiring them together. The coupling itself has to weigh aobut 10 pounds.

Exactly that!! Thanks Red.

This process is called mechanical splicing, which is more efficient and provides a more continual/direct load path from one bar to the next (end to end). As opposed to lap splices (side-by-side overlap with wire), mechanical splicing doesn't rely on the quality or continuity of the concrete around it. Interestingly it also reduces the amount of rebar required, reducing labor and costs as well as reinforcement congestion.

In the above photo you will also see flat looking couplers - also referred to as terminators. These will tie-into the grade slab ( in this condition) and provide a simpler, more structurally sound and ultimately less congested approach, than typical rebar hooks.

p5

20190910_114813.jpg20190910_112903.jpg

Last edited:

Back