Speaking of details... I just recently noticed that the pattern in the windows recalls the shape and rhythm of the windows on the old Toronto Courthouse building across the street:
View attachment 277907
(via)

I'm sure that's not an accident. I agree that the attention to detail here is stunning.

@p5connex mentioned it early on:

AoD

That "old" Toronto Courthouse was way ahead of its time though, IMO.

I wish another spot had been found for it though.

I never got to see the Armoury that once stood there..............but I miss it just the same.

I wish another spot had been found for it though.

I never got to see the Armoury that once stood there..............but I miss it just the same.

Buffalo's Connecticut Street Armory is still standing, and is quite an impressive structure. Worth a stop over if ever driving through along the way entering the city/NY state.

My FYI-foo on the subject matter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Armories ...least I think it is.

...I have to day, and with all due respect, the demolition of this armoury was way before my existence and the current courthouse development was way before my time here. So I'm not privy of what really went down here.

I can say that I suspect there we where dealing with an era of "Out with ole and in with the new", for right or wrong. So buildings got trashed with no real thought or appreciation of their significance both in design and history, I gather. However, it appears the same plight, and with some degree of irony, are now happening with the "new"...as they're being replaced with glass box sets, and sometimes also tragically. >.<

That said, I do apologise that my appraise of the current courthouse touched any nerves. There is a lot history of this city I am wholly ignorant too. Thus, I'll try to be more aware of this when posting about this stuff in the future. /bows

0E1EE33E-3CA6-47CD-A9BE-55D2A53ABCEC.jpeg

Back