IMG_4059.jpg
IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4061.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg
IMG_4063.jpg
IMG_4064.jpg
IMG_4065.jpg
IMG_4066.jpg

As an aside - I don't know why is it that we have some of the worst (in terms of execution) sculptures (nevermind public art) around. Whose idea is it to have Churchill looking shaggy?

AoD
" In his unpublished Memoir, Nemon recorded finding his distinguished subject “bellicose, challenging, and deliberately provocative”. The resulting sculptures became “not merely a likeness, but a biography of his life” — as Nemon had told a journalist he hoped they would when interviewed while sculpting Churchill during the 1950s. Nemon was himself the subject of Churchill’s only sculpture, created while Nemon was sculpting Churchill, and now on display at Chartwell and in the Churchill Musuem." https://oscarnemon.org.uk/history/nemon-and-churchill/

That's probably not this building's fault...rather the cut and gut intention of this sitting government for likely ideological purposes and it's voter base pandering. Also referred to as "looking for efficiencies". /bleh
Sorry to say but this Courthouse and the amalgamation was announced in 2014 by Dalton McGuinty's finance minister Charles Sousa, this is not the current sitting governments doing.

Sorry to say but this Courthouse and the amalgamation was announced in 2014 by Dalton McGuinty's finance minister Charles Sousa, this is not the current sitting governments doing.
Typical of politicians of all stripes: blame the current government for everything, even for decisions made by their own party when it was in power.

...who was also "looking for efficiencies". My point still remains though, it's not the fault of this building...rather the intention of this and previous government to amalgamate stuff they probably shouldn't for likely reasons I've stated.

Edit: My only amendment I would make to my original comment is that this sitting government's unwillingness then to address this is almost as bad as if they where the ones that implemented it.

Last edited:
Typical of politicians of all stripes: blame the current government for everything, even for decisions made by their own party when it was in power.
To be clear, while this is mostly true...I am not a politician. I only went for it as this government would have been prime suspect outside of that prior knowledge, for right or wrong. However, as I indicate, if they doing nothing about a bad decision made previously, then they are just as guilty as those that implemented it, IMO...

...and that's all I am going say on this off-topic subject as I don't want my posting privileges to be unceremoniously neutered and spayed. Thanks for the feedback though. /bows

I rarely say this or that building should've been a little taller. I think this building should've been a little taller.

No one in the group complaining about the amalgamated courthouse is a politician, there's no hypocritical party thing going on here,.

Back