The finch contract includes maitenence but not operations from my understanding, which the TTC will be handling. The OL contract includes operations to the tune of several billion.

Did miller just claim that he thinks the Ontario line should use low-floor lrvs?
Also, while Ontario Place was once thought of as a possible direct stop that was almost 5 years ago, i dont you can consider it one now. Trying to tie the Ontario Line with corruption at Ontario Place is just straight wrong
Its clear that Exhibition will act as a "union station west"
Notice he keeps using "Ontario Place" and not what it actually is? Replace every time he says Ontario Place with Exhibition and his points make no sense

Yes but they are also building the station boxes first and then ramming the TBMs through them. Its how they do things now.

Not to be annoying, but here's another follow-up from the Vancouver SkyTrain Broadway Extension.
Posted at SSP today - here you can see tunnel segments being installed in the Mt. Pleasant Station pit.
The tail of the TBM in the background is still in the station.
The TBM is moving from right to left, and used the red steel frame to "push off" from as it bored towards the left
It has installed some tunnel segments between the steel frame and the wall of the pit.
Those segments will be demolished when the station is built out.
The TBM in the background is the 2nd TBM to cross the station pit.
In the foreground is the tunnel that was laid by the TBM that has already reached the next station.
Between the tracks/tunnels you can see rebar for the station columns (either service areas or centre platform).

madog222;9925626 said:
From today.
52836137164_23cbe9fa5c_b.jpg

Photos by me.

Last edited:
Miller really comes across as exceptionally salty that his baby wasn't implemented. His transit plan was no less arbitrary and silly.

Exactly. I think the discussion of any of his points on this (and, increasingly, land use planning) basically starts and ends with identifying his ego and self consciousness.

Did miller just claim that he thinks the Ontario line should use low-floor lrvs?
Also, while Ontario Place was once thought of as a possible direct stop that was almost 5 years ago, i dont you can consider it one now. Trying to tie the Ontario Line with corruption at Ontario Place is just straight wrong
Notice he keeps using "Ontario Place" and not what it actually is? Replace every time he says Ontario Place with Exhibition and his points make no sense
No, he is advocating for OL to end at Line 2 (like the old DRL plan) and to extend via linear transfer using an LRT compatible with Line 5. His Don Mills LRT plan. If we are so concerned about connecting to Sheppard, put some bus priority lanes or BRT like service on Don Mills from Science Centre to Sheppard. I think baking in a huge LRT investment that effectively blocks extension of OL north due to sunk cost fallacy would be unwise.

We're never going to significantly shift mode share by deploying street-running LRT for regional travel in the suburbs. Finch LRT makes sense to some degree as it is replacing/augmenting local bus service (though at the sacrifice of more granular stop spacing). My inclination is that short local trips are going to be better served by smaller autonomous minibuses (whether this comes in 5 years or 25 years, it is coming), so our large transit investments would more productively be directed to higher speed, wider stop spaced regional rail connectivity. We make services like Finch LRT too slow by keeping stop spacing tight in hopes of avoiding parallel bus service. It's a compromise that I feel misses the mark in most places. It is necessary to add capacity due to the sheer volume of ridership on Finch, but perhaps we should have gone with a solution that provided higher speed and retained the parallel bus service.

He is just like some of the uber left who don't bother to understand things and just are anti-right and drink their own koolaid in their bubble (the far right does this too of course)

Him claiming that the Ontario Line is being built using new and unproven technology is exactly the kind of false rhetoric I hear from the same people. It's literally being tendered out to use off the shelf proven technology.

Just because its not Toronto technology doesn't mean its unproven and new. Its new to us, but we lag behind the rest of the world...so...

Miller really comes across as exceptionally salty that his baby wasn't implemented. His transit plan was no less arbitrary and silly.
Transit City wasn't really arbitrary, but it was sloppy because Miller got wind there was a giant pot of money available, but only to those who had lines on maps.
He was basically told "you have three weeks to come up with a City wide multi-billion dollar transit plan, and if you have one on that day, you'll get money for it."

Transit City wasn't really arbitrary, but it was sloppy because Miller got wind there was a giant pot of money available, but only to those who had lines on maps.
He was basically told "you have three weeks to come up with a City wide multi-billion dollar transit plan, and if you have one on that day, you'll get money for it."
And yet it didn't happen.

So now they want to extend it to the new Ontario Place.
That makes no sense, unless you move the Exhibition transfer location further west or east to meet the Ontario Line there. And as construction has already begun, that ship has long sailed.

I've always said we need something along Dufferin, as the bus isn't enough. Probably streetcar for now, but maybe subway eventually. Curving the Ontario Line up Dufferin may be the answer, but if it's something different, intersect Exhibition (perhaps just an overhead walkway to the end of the platform), and then go south to Ontario Place.

So now they want to extend it to the new Ontario Place.
They don't? Whilst the line is advertised to reach Ontario Place, that's only by a technicality. The terminus at Exhibition is being advertised as an "Exhibition/Ontario Place" Station, with connection to the latter likely being done either by bus, or by some sort of APM in the future.

Back