However that corridor is still that wide and afaik you can still find traces of that old spur in the area too
Traces, yes (seen fragments of rail left embedded in the road myself when I was in the area), and the mainline is indeed that wide, but there's just empty space between the 2 main tracks and a 3rd dead-end one off to the side.

Somewhat off the mark here. The Nofrills lot is needed for portal construction. The south side of the tracks is where the TOD will go

1708712071699.png

Somewhat off the mark here. The Nofrills lot is needed for portal construction. The south side of the tracks is where the TOD will go

The TOD is going on the No Frills lot. There's nothing planned for south of the tracks yet.

TOD2.png
TOD1.png

The north side is already up for redevelopment as a TOD with large towers and new retail.

If I remember correctly Weston's real estate REIT is behind this, and there were renderings a 100 pages or so ago.

I wonder how Weston managed to avoid the expropriate first and ask questions later that everyone else suffered.

Lets have a look at what's going on (or about to) at Pape Station:

1708728754497.png

Curiously, still no demo permits even applied for......... (looks terrible everything boarded up for an entire block)

Cool, both sides of the corridor will get TOD, Though the south is a bit further behind. It doesnt really matter anyway, TOD's here cant be touched until after full completion of the ontario line.
The north side is already up for redevelopment as a TOD with large towers and new retail.

If I remember correctly Weston's real estate REIT is behind this, and there were renderings a 100 pages or so ago.

I wonder how Weston managed to avoid the expropriate first and ask questions later that everyone else suffered.

Choice, Loblaws' own reit own the property. Wonder if in the expropriation docs, MX offered to return it back to them after full completion. Would be why choice is still a named partner

Choice, Loblaws' own reit own the property. Wonder if in the expropriation docs, MX offered to return it back to them after full completion. Would be why choice is still a named partner
Loblaws being over 50% owned by Weston. And with Weston also directly owning some of Choice as well.

It's a real web of companies.

It's likely that Choice Properties REIT may have chosen to negotiate with IO and Metrolinx to provide an expansion of the existing railway easement and use of land for the portal and station construction in exchange for taking on the planning around the creation of the Transit-oriented Community Mixed-use development and north-side station integration. After all, the REIT stands to gain much more from redeveloping the land around the station

I assume there will be restoration of these areas once the respective bridges have been installed?

Back