So what is all yous favorite name for this line?

I'm currently fond of the Commuters Relief Line.

"Scarborough commuter subway". I choose that name to maximize the probability of getting funding & political support.

The idea that political support has to depend on how we name the damn thing says a lot about how pathetic our leaders are with transportation.

6 years ago this thread was started and no shovel in the ground.

SRT thread is 9 years and counting. Good thing Metrolinx removed it from their projects map. With all the endless bickering and flip flopping, I wouldn't be surprised if the SRT implodes and nothing gets built.

12511206263_7a70c58783_z.jpg

SRT thread is 9 years and counting. Good thing Metrolinx removed it from their projects map. With all the endless bickering and flip flopping, I wouldn't be surprised if the SRT implodes and nothing gets built.

Wow the first post on the SRT thread from 2005 stated that the SRT would shut down in 2015. Now we're starting from square one again and the subway is 10 years away.

TTC documents showed Line 5 is Eglinton (orange), with 6 and 7 being Sheppard East LRT and Finch West LRT, respectively.

With Line 3 (SRT) likely closing before the DRL opens, Line 3 seems the obvious choice.

That way the subway lines will be Lines 1 to 4, and the LRT lines will be Lines 5-7. Which should work for many, many years, as it's hard to envision another heavy rail subway line after the DRL for decades, if not longer.

TTC documents showed Line 5 is Eglinton (orange), with 6 and 7 being Sheppard East LRT and Finch West LRT, respectively.

With Line 3 (SRT) likely closing before the DRL opens, Line 3 seems the obvious choice.

That way the subway lines will be Lines 1 to 4, and the LRT lines will be Lines 5-7. Which should work for many, many years, as it's hard to envision another heavy rail subway line after the DRL for decades, if not longer.

don't worry. We will all be dead by the time line 7 is completed.

12511206263_7a70c58783_z.jpg

Yep.
Presto thread was started in 2006 and we are still not using it, and that doesn't even involve any digging.
This is Toronto.

embarrasing.

Back