interesting.....one other colour that can be considered....blood red....considering how much blood has been spilt on this god forsaken project.

Primary colours:
Red - TTC surface
Orange - Line 5
Yellow - Line 1
Green - Line 2
Blue - Line 3/Accessibility
Purple - Line 4

If the TTC doesn't want to adopt black/grey/white, they're going to have to get creative. In planning documents once upon a time, Finch West was shown in planning documents as having a washy green/toothpaste colour, and Sheppard East LRT had a silver/grey.

Indigo (Bluish-Purple)

Bluish-Purple-282.gif

is a primary colour also, yet to be used in the system. We could alsways ought for that as well for the DRL.

Nice find! I always wanted to know the official colour codes. Used to try and match the colours by eye, also relied on a wiki page (which never seemed right). But this doc is great.

Yup, I've used this document extensively in the past, along with the GO Transit one (which I can't seem to find a link to). The GO one could also just be titled "50 Shades of Green", although it does have quite a nice light blue in it that never actually gets used for anything.

When will the construction of this actually start? Is there already funding? Has the specifics been worried out? Will I be dead before this begins?

When will the construction of this actually start? Is there already funding? Has the specifics been worried out? Will I be dead before this begins?

It is unfunded, and the alignment has not yet been decided, though the province recently committed $150M to usher along the next part of the planning/design phase. Publicly, officials have said the project will take at least 10 years from commencement, though that clock has not yet started, and they acknowledge they'll know more regarding timing as the design phase progresses.

We were probably closer to a DRL (medium or long) 5 years ago now.

Then we had a continuous Scarborough-Eglinton LRT that would feed people in at Science Centre. We had a pro subway major who had influence with the Premier and PM. It looked like Council could have worked out some type of compromise involving keeping Eglinton grade-separated (i.e. away from cars), but downgrading the priority of the Sheppard Subway and prioritizing the DRL.

For all the talk of DRL, there has been no planning of any sorts on extending the DRL beyond Danforth - not even to the Leaside Don Valley crossing. We are constructing the Don Mills-Eglinton station with no provisions for DRL. The B-D extension to Scarborough has sucked up an extra couple of Billion of cash that is not going to the DRL.

We were probably closer to a DRL (medium or long) 5 years ago now.

Then we had a continuous Scarborough-Eglinton LRT that would feed people in at Science Centre. We had a pro subway major who had influence with the Premier and PM. It looked like Council could have worked out some type of compromise involving keeping Eglinton grade-separated (i.e. away from cars), but downgrading the priority of the Sheppard Subway and prioritizing the DRL.

For all the talk of DRL, there has been no planning of any sorts on extending the DRL beyond Danforth - not even to the Leaside Don Valley crossing. We are constructing the Don Mills-Eglinton station with no provisions for DRL. The B-D extension to Scarborough has sucked up an extra couple of Billion of cash that is not going to the DRL.

We are certainly closer now that $150M of taxpayer money has been committed.

Why thank you. I live quite close to Pape + Danforth and wonder how it will affect my house and property values with the time line etc. Also whether I will still be here to take advantage of the Red/pink/purple/mauve/turquoise line ;-) Cheers

Back