I visualized how I envision stop spacing north of Bloor on paint, using station boxes as reference.

ReliefLine_EastYork_Stations.png

For reference, Donlands is 585m from Pape and Chester is 630m.

Rosedale to Summerhill is 615m and Summerhill to St. Clair is 620m.

The same applies north of the Danforth. A single station at Cosburn would be 1.1km north of the Danforth.

Depends what you want out of the line. I think what I show above provides maximum coverage and access to East York.

Just so we are clear on the point, an extra station here won't delay the line in any substantial manner (especially as it is before the relief point at Pape) so this is just a matter of being willing to pay for the extra coverage/access. I strongly maintain the position that the Relief Line is not the subway to go cheap on.

Attachments

• ReliefLine_EastYork_Stations.png
    ReliefLine_EastYork_Stations.png
    392 KB · Views: 267
Those of us who follow this stuff know better. Tory failed, utterly.

But let's grant him the grace to say mission accomplished so we can move on from SmartTrack. Any references to SmartTrack in the public domain is only going to hurt future studies.
Essentially since he has been elected, he has put Toronto on the hook for billions of dollars worth of transit projects that the province was set to pay for anyways and pushed to DRL's construction date X years into the future which will cost the city additional billions.

To sum it all up, John Tory's transit plan for the past 3 years has been to make Toronto pay billions of unnecessary dollars through his delusional Smarttrack pet project.

I dont even think he knows what his mission is when it comes to transit; he begs the province to pay for transit (which they were going to do) and then he raises his hands a few months later on and offers to pay for transit on behalf of the province.

Essentially since he has been elected, he has put Toronto on the hook for billions of dollars worth of transit projects that the province was set to pay for anyways and pushed to DRL's construction date X years into the future which will cost the city additional billions.

To sum it all up, John Tory's transit plan for the past 3 years has been to make Toronto pay billions of unnecessary dollars through his delusional Smarttrack pet project.

I dont even think he knows what his mission is when it comes to transit; he begs the province to pay for transit (which they were going to do) and then he raises his hands a few months later on and offers to pay for transit on behalf of the province.

SmartTrack (noun): a John Tory initiative in which Toronto volunteers to pay for large parts of a provincial transit project.

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 11.58.28 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 11.58.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 11.58.28 PM.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 402
SmartTrack (noun): a John Tory initiative in which Toronto volunteers to pay for large parts of a provincial transit project.

View attachment 104995
We should make that trend and get it on the Merriam-Webster dictionary. A large part of me is not even joking, he needs to be exposed for wasting all this money and time.

I work at King and Parliament and regularly walk the area. I would suggest that one less station is needed west of the Don River. Stops at Sumach, Sherbourne, Yonge/Church would be 900M apart and would service the residents, burgeoning employment and entertainment (primarily at the Distillery) in the area. A stop at University (that could also be named City Hall) would be 600M from Yonge.

The same applies north of the Danforth. A single station at Cosburn would be 1.1km north of the Danforth.

Stops at Overlea/Thorncliffe, Gateway and Eglinton make sense.

The savings from building two less and largely unnecessary stations would be better used ensuring the DRL gets to Eglinton, asap.

You're missing my point. Same way there's no daytime surface route on Bloor-Danforth between Old Mill and Main Street, it'd be the same case for the Queen Street corridor if the stops occur every 650-700 metres. That means a station at Parliament, which would not only make the commute to your own workplace far easier but help Distillery, Corktown, Regent Park and Cabbagetown commuters as well.

The gap between Yonge and Sherbourne and Sherbourne and Broadview is too wide not to retain some form of surface route on Queen.

Jarvis (George) and Parliament resolve this issue. Why are we even building an urban core subway if we're going to do so with suburbia style stop spacing?

Likewise, Mortimer needs to be added in to eliminate bus service on Pape. Under the Don Mills Transit City LRT plan, an underground station was proposed for this very intersection.

The added value of these two 'minor' stops could and should be immense.

View attachment 104995

Can we replace the 'Smart' part, with 'Dumb'?

"From executive producer John Tory, the same mindset that brought you that old Simpsons parody episode about a Springfield monorail... "Dumbtrack!"

Coming in 20never.

Can we replace the 'Smart' part, with 'Dumb'?

"From executive producer John Tory, the same mindset that brought you that old Simpsons parody episode about a Springfield monorail... "Dumbtrack!"

Coming in 20never.
More like the calendar year when the Jays win the World Series, the Leafs win the Stanley Cup, the Raptors win the NBA Championship, TFC win the MLS Cup, and [insert Toronto NFL team] win the Super Bowl.

The gap between Yonge and Sherbourne and Sherbourne and Broadview is too wide not to retain some form of surface route on Queen.
There is no station planned for Queen and Broadview. The next station on Queen is at Carlaw.

I've also heard of no plan to eliminate streetcar service on Queen (or King).

Why are we even building an urban core subway if we're going to do so with suburbia style stop spacing?
Suburban style stop spacing? That's one every 6 km, not 600 metres! Though ignoring STC, 2 km or more isn't unusual. Even the relatively well endowed Spadina extension averages over 1.4 km between stations.

More like the calendar year when the Jays win the World Series, the Leafs win the Stanley Cup, the Raptors win the NBA Championship, TFC win the MLS Cup, and [insert Toronto NFL team] win the Super Bowl.
It's kind of sad how the only Toronto team that's won a championship in the last 5 years is so thoroughly ignored.

Same way there's no daytime surface route on Bloor-Danforth between Old Mill and Main Street, it'd be the same case for the Queen Street corridor if the stops occur every 650-700 metres.
What about the 85 sheppard east it still runs from sheppard and yonge to don mills as one branch and the points further west on another from don mills. I believe they also pan to keep the buses on on eglinton as well as aloc service between the stops/ sation son the crosstown as well.

What about the 85 sheppard east it still runs from sheppard and yonge to don mills as one branch and the points further west on another from don mills. I believe they also pan to keep the buses on on eglinton as well as aloc service between the stops/ sation son the crosstown as well.
Yonge Street south of Eglinton would be a better example, as those stations are closer together than anywhere. While I admit to having hopped on a passing 97 that conveniently passed, rather than climbing down to the subway to go 2 stops, I don't really think that it is necessary - particularly when there's no equivalent service along Bloor-Danforth.

Though I thought the bus plan for after the Eglinton line opens, didn't have any service on Eglinton - at least west of Laird. But perhaps I've forgotten, and I've also forgetten where that map was now.

Back