I much prefer the Ontario Line non-loop alignment with an eastern and western leg, eastern heading north from the Science center through don mills with notable nstations at shops at don mills, york mills, Fairview, Seneca, and perhaps north east of that via the 404 to woodbine and steeles and downtown markham in the future. For the western leg, I would have the line go northwest via the Kitchener Line GO corridor to jane.From there I would have the Line travel North along jane to pioneer village.

Now for the Ontario line loop that is supposed to reach Kipling station, Pearson, and Richmondhill Center, I would keep the eastern leg of my non loop alignment the same until woodbine,steeles. Then it would continue North West to the commerce valley area and west along the undevelopable hydro-corridor of the 407 until richmond hill centre. Then it would continue west along the 407 until highway 27 and along highway 27 it would travel south with notable stations at humber college, the woodbine casion area, and of course pearson airport. Then I would have it travel south east to the 427 with stations along the arterial roads of rathburn, burhamthorpe, bloor, and the cloverdale developments until finally traveling to kipling stations, From kipling, the line would travel to islington queensway and mimco Go. The loine would then continue east along the lakeshore west corridor serving the humber bay shores community with two stations. It would then travel to roncesvalles and Queen and make its way to exhibition station, completing the loop.
I want to note that I am not at all a fan of this northern 407 segment and am unsure what other stations would make sense between the 404 and 427, if any aside from Yonge.

Most likely, the 407 segment will never make it past the sketches.

If and when the 407 Transitway is built, it will be a continuous line across several municipalities. OL might connect to the 407 Transitway, but will not interline.

Not sure; the demand on Ontario Line route will be several times that on the 407 route. Is that so useful to interline.
I think the logic is that yes, the demand will be there on the York Region section to Pearson/Kipling- at least in 30 years. I could buy that. Not every train actually has to use the “loop”- some could go to Markham or MCC instead. The point of showing that they are interlined is to illustrate their interoperability, imo.

I think the logic is that yes, the demand will be there on the York Region section to Pearson/Kipling- at least in 30 years. I could buy that. Not every train actually has to use the “loop”- some could go to Markham or MCC instead. The point of showing that they are interlined is to illustrate their interoperability, imo.

Good point. If the track time is available, then some trains can do direct routing / interlining.

Good point. If the track time is available, then some trains can do direct routing / interlining.
I kind of suspect a 407 transitway wouldn't need 100m trains/platforms. If it's automated, they could do with shorter platforms and more frequent, smaller trains. This would make interlining with the OL trains less likely.

Screenshot_2023-07-13_174140.jpg

yea i listened to it. 4 minutes in some random person walks up to the interviewer and just starts soapboxing about the underground alignment.
I can see that residents would be pissed after years of consultation on the underground alignment, and then after there's been modifications and everyone seems happy that the government suddenly reverts to something that no one in the community seems to prefer.

Yeah, the whole Metrolinx/City thing - but I don't think anyone real differentiates between that (and why not, given they are all children of the province).

Meeting coming up. Received via the Ontario Line news letter.

Riverside-Leslieville community open house and design reveal!
mGvZa3uOeTdVJFuEf7i1TrYLAgX1csS32dnzpJi-zX_F13M5QJL0OgSW94fcqg57yJvHOfYmVd2CtD-gOqv9ACZKVtspdW_DYLoFB4DXkx40xX5AFC9ucg5PZI5_5Yae0mZTl0DAohQ6BurrPA2I7Z7hA8dYUQ=s0-d-e1-ft
If you live in the area, you may have noticed construction taking place along the Riverside-Leslieville area of the rail corridor. Big things are about to get underway and we are hosting a community open house to share all the latest details, including new designs for the retaining walls and noise barriers that will be placed along the rail corridor from Eastern Avenue to east of Pape Avenue.

After months of public consultation and the launch of a design competition that generated creative and innovative design solutions – a winning design proposal was selected and the reveal is happening at the community open house.

Join us to browse the displays, speak with design professionals, construction contractors and community leaders who were instrumental in bringing the design details to life.

As best stated by the members of the Lakeshore East Community Advisory Committee, "The design competition addressed key community objectives including creating thriving, unified streetscapes, integrating sustainable materials, honouring our history and Indigenous lands and reestablishing native ecosystems. We are proud of the outcome and encourage members of our community to attend the open house to meet the winner and see the improved rail corridor design."

To find out more about the design competition and construction, please join us on Thursday July 27 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the multi-purpose room at the Jimmie Simpson Recreation Centre.

Back