The Crosstown platforms are located directly underneath Eglinton, and offset to the east of Don Mills. The Ontario Line platforms will be located in the north-east corner of the intersection - totally north of Eglinton, and to the east of Don Mills. The assumption is that the transfer between the two will occur at the south end of the Ontario Line platforms down to the existing passageway between the mezzanine and the bus terminal.

The platforms for Don Mills Station are located directly under Sheppard Ave, with their western end right under Don Mills. An Ontario Line station would therefore have to be located with at least its southern end right above Sheppard in order to minimize the amount of walking necessary to connect the two.

Dan
I guess that's correct. I've scoured the web and my own archives for any detailed diagrams of the station, and I can't turn up a single image despite all the discussion of LRT and subway extensions over the last 15 years.

I think an elevated guideway north of the 401 is pretty unlikely. It could go underground just south of 401 and possibly surface again around Finch.

‘Replace what you take.’ Ontario Line construction will shutter a beloved Greektown pastry shop. Is Metrolinx doing enough to help them?​

Metrolinx spokesperson Andrea Ernesaks confirmed there are 13 businesses along the stretch of the Danforth near the existing station being expropriated for the project, one of the most important and complex to build along the Ontario Line due to softer soil. But the final number will only be confirmed once a contractor has been selected for the work.

‘Replace what you take.’ Ontario Line construction will shutter a beloved Greektown pastry shop. Is Metrolinx doing enough to help them?​

For me, the biggest loss is Akropolis. They're not relocating, but they'll sell wholesale from their factory in Concord. A shame about Home Hardware too. It's really convenient and also won't be relocating.

I wonder what kind of retail the new station will end up having. Hard to imagine it'll be anything eclectic as the rent will be high, but I hope it's at least not a Timmie's/bank/Shoppers-Rexall/INS.

Screenshot_2023-08-21_214930.jpg

20230821_214935.jpg

20230821_214937.jpg

My point is that any new renderings would most likely not include the Uniliver site, as it's been under demolition for over a month now. The building won't exist when the bridge is constructed.

Back