My point is that any new renderings would most likely not include the Uniliver site, as it's been under demolition for over a month now. The building won't exist when the bridge is constructed.
I doubt those involved with the renderings would know what's happening with Unilever currently.

I don't think I've seen these before. They are certainly new to me.

My point is that any new renderings would most likely not include the Uniliver site, as it's been under demolition for over a month now. The building won't exist when the bridge is constructed.
They don't necessarily take brand new photos to make renderings though. Tons of condos use outdated photos in their renderings. Part of why you can't fully trust renderings is they are focused on whatever the subject of the rendering is, and getting the surrounding context correct is often far less of a priority (My favourite example of this is the renders for The Rosedale on Bloor not only ignoring The Selby, but not even including James Cooper Mansion, despite it being finished way back in 2011 🤣). I doubt whatever company was told to make a nice picture of the bridge for MX (as these are basically always contracted out), had any context about the site. They just grabbed recent-ish photos of the area and added a bridge to them.

Last edited:
They don't necessarily take brand new photos to make renderings though. Tons of condos use outdated photos in their renderings. Part of why you can't fully trust renderings is they are focused on whatever the subject of the rendering is, and getting the surrounding context correct is often far less of a priority (My favourite example of this is the renders for The Rosedale on Bloor not only ignoring The Selby, but not even including James Cooper Mansion, despite it being finished way back in 2011 🤣). I doubt whatever company was told to make a nice picture of the bridge for MX (as these are basically always contracted out), had any context about the site. They just grabbed recent-ish photos of the area and added a bridge to them.

Good to know. Thanks!

About $5.50 inflation adjusted - still cheap!

What's even more surprising is a manned station attendant booth to collect $5 in parking fees..

Minimum wage was $2.40 per hour in 1975 in Ontario.

So the revenue from 33 all day parking spaces would have covered 14 paid hours for lot operation.

It's only a temporary structure this time. I'd assume they'd need elevators too.

Also, it's not in the same place; they need that old location clear to build the new station.
Bridge clearance to be 5.0m for all vehicular bridges.

This morning:

20230912_093846.jpg

I wonder if we can expect all the viewports through the support structure to be filled in with concrete as work progresses.

Back