Moss Park site:
IMG_9001.JPG

IMG_9002.JPG
IMG_9003.JPG

I wasn't sure to put this, so I'm putting it here. I took this yesterday as I passed by the old bank building west of Osgoode station, on Queen. The crews have been busy working at the building, which is pretty thoroughly gutted by now.
View attachment 536718View attachment 536719
A funny tidbit about this former CIBC branch... the manager's name was Julio Iglesias!

There's a suggestion in the comments that this relates to the preparation for the construction of the new bridge here. Five pictures of trees being removed.

This is absolutely for the new bridge. They've been putting out notices for months on all of the clear-cutting through there.

They've already done a lot of clearing on the north side of the valley there, by the Overlea/Millwood intersection.

Dan

This is absolutely for the new bridge. They've been putting out notices for months on all of the clear-cutting through there.

They've already done a lot of clearing on the north side of the valley there, by the Overlea/Millwood intersection.

Dan
I've noticed smoke a few times going over the Leaside Bridge (I live near there and pass over it several times a week) not obviously related to traffic ahead. Maybe from diesel/gasoline powered cutting/mulching?

There's a suggestion in the comments that this relates to the preparation for the construction of the new bridge here. Five pictures of trees being removed.

My beloved Seton park disc golf course has been pretty much demolished for the other bridge in the area, further north by the Science Centre. I'm all for progress, but I really wished they would have consulted with the disc golf community and moved the course somewhere else.

My beloved Seton park disc golf course has been pretty much demolished for the other bridge in the area, further north by the Science Centre. I'm all for progress, but I really wished they would have consulted with the disc golf community and moved the course somewhere else.
This remains one of the reasons why I don't want to go to that part of the valley. It's sad, even if the new transit line is an objectively good thing for the city. I've already expressed my disappointment in this thread of the loss of biodiversity along the Walmsley Creek. I'll provide a little update in a few months over in that area.

Wonder how long it will take to recover that level of tree coverage in that area after construction ends…

Back