After a prolonged media absence, Metrolinx executives held a public update for reporters at the end of September. At the time, Metrolinx president and CEO Phil Verster said they intended to hold similar briefings “every two months from now on … as part of our transparency to talk to our communities and to the public about our progress on the Eglinton Crosstown.” A follow-up tour of Eglinton station was held in December, but another update hasn’t happened.

@Northern Light may see other relevant pieces.

Looks like the new Don River bridge for the Ontario Line is starting in April.

IMG_7831.png

Last night I saw a notice posted in front of Iqbal Halal Foods that Metrolinx will start demolition of buildings at 1 & 2 Thorncliffe Park Dr in April. I am hopeful this project will keep moving quickly!

IIRC they are just taking the parking lot.

Anyone know what happened to that PDF that showed the OL alignment with the property needs hatched out? I can't seem to find it now.

Slide deck from a recent meeting as received by a Councillor Fletcher email. Another one is coming up.

Tuesday March 5th: Pape-Danforth & Pape-Sammon Ontario Line Construction Meeting
Thank you to TDSB Trustee Sara Ehrhardt, city transportation staff, Pape P.S. Parent Council Chair Cara McCutcheon, MPP Peter Tabuns and all the residents who attended and shared their input at yesterday's community meeting on Ontario Line construction in the Pape-Riverdale area.

You can view the recording and presentation slides if you missed the meeting.

I am hosting a second meeting on construction impacts to the Pape-Danforth and Pape-Sammon areas on Tuesday, March 5th at 7 p.m. Register here.

1709330509809.png

i dont think theyre right about the tbms going there, they launch at the nofrills site
I believe they pull out on the south side, and drop them back in on the north side. The north launch site is probably closer to Lipton than the south retrieval site.

But I may be wrong.

Either way, I assume they are digging down the station box. Beach sand isn't conducive to mining.

Back