March 27
No more tents, they’ve been gone for a while. Not sure if that means no more archaeological digs or no more poor weather affecting it.

North site, facing north from Front Street:
IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

South site, facing south from Front Street:
IMG_0378.jpeg

There have been many complaints a from 'the neighbourhood' on the black and tall fencing. Naturally, Metrolinx sees no problem and said:

"Black Hoarding

Currently, our team is working to get Ontario Line signage plastered on the hoarding, which will reduce some of the black. Additionally, Metrolinx and OTG will be launching a community art program to collaborate with the community. This program will focus on creating unique artwork that represents the neighborhood, which will be displayed on the hoarding. More details about the artwork will be shared in the upcoming weeks."

It is all too typical of MLX that they did not make any effort to think ahead and get artists lined up MONTHS ago. The fencing is hardly unexpected. What a useless organisation!

There have been many complaints a from 'the neighbourhood' on the black and tall fencing. Naturally, Metrolinx sees no problem and said:

"Black Hoarding

Currently, our team is working to get Ontario Line signage plastered on the hoarding, which will reduce some of the black. Additionally, Metrolinx and OTG will be launching a community art program to collaborate with the community. This program will focus on creating unique artwork that represents the neighborhood, which will be displayed on the hoarding. More details about the artwork will be shared in the upcoming weeks."

It is all too typical of MLX that they did not make any effort to think ahead and get artists lined up MONTHS ago. The fencing is hardly unexpected. What a useless organisation!

Though honestly is it really that big an issue? I'd be more concerned about graffiti and posters on hording than it being boring looking.

AoD

Though honestly is it really that big an issue? I'd be more concerned about graffiti and posters on hording than it being boring looking.

AoD
Of course, graffiti are/is an issue but from a MLX point of view it is clearly simpler to have pot of black paint 'standing ready'. My primary complaint is that MLX has known for YEARS that there would be a construction fence and is only now starting to plan for how to make it look 'decent'. This work could have started 3 years ago so that when the final fence dimensions and location were known it would be speedy to beautify it.

Of course, graffiti are/is an issue but from a MLX point of view it is clearly simpler to have pot of black paint 'standing ready'. My primary complaint is that MLX has known for YEARS that there would be a construction fence and is only now starting to plan for how to make it look 'decent'. This work could have started 3 years ago so that when the final fence dimensions and location were known it would be speedy to beautify it.

Couldn't agree more. It's things like this that show you how much they care about the neighbourhoods they do work in.

Reactions: DSC

Back