Do these renderings imply metrolinx expects level boarding to be implemented by the time this station opens?
Sadly no, the project agreement only requires passive protection for future level boarding (see document). That's why there is an extra 3 steps stair at the bottom of the escalators.
Capture.JPG

Whoever did the rendering must have positioned the trains too low.

Capture1.JPG

You can actually see a slope up from the GO side to the Ontario Line side (which will presumably be the same height the GO platforms will be in the future if they are raised for level boarding).

The slope begins from the left side of the stairs.
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3091.jpeg

Sadly no, the project agreement only requires passive protection for future level boarding (see document). That's why there is an extra 3 steps stair at the bottom of the escalators.
View attachment 573988

Whoever did the rendering must have positioned the trains too low.

View attachment 573991

What's stopping them from building all new GO platforms to the level boarding height?

It's always bothered me that even new and renovated stations have steps down to the train platform level.

What's stopping them from building all new GO platforms to the level boarding height?

It's always bothered me that even new and renovated stations have steps down to the train platform level.

I would imagine it is because the bid for Go Expansion was still out and it was unclear what rolling stock would eventually be used.

Although I don't understand why Exhibition and all of the post-2022 stations are being built to current platform height spec even when the winning bid, OnExpress, has stated their intention to use existing bilevels with Electric locos.

The trains themselves. They need to replace the steps at the doors with ones that can adjust to both heights (with level boarding the step fills the gap between the train and the platform). To my knowledge, they haven't done this upgrade to enough (or maybe even any yet) of the bilevel cars. So until that has happened, they have to keep building the stations to the current boarding height. No idea why it hasn't happened yet though.

Man, come on, at least read a little bit of this page. I’m not even going to redirect you to a specific post, just read what you’ve missed on this page.
ah didnt see frankie was the one who said its only protected for. I saw that comment i assumed it was someone else who said that

We already know all stations are protected for.

Piling is well underway at the portal site. They've also added a fence with blue cover on top of the barriers along the north side of the GO corridor between the platform and Dufferin Bridge. Eventually they will start to build a retaining wall north of here.

20240626_191547.jpg
DJI_20240626190410_0556_D.jpg
DJI_20240627140136_0583_D.jpg
DJI_20240627143644_0569_D.jpg

Back