It has the same look as every GO tunnel ever, so I dunno why y'all are so surprised. It's like you never took a GO train before lol.
To be fair, due this being a signature station hub...I suspect many where hoping they would go all out here. Sorry to disappoint. /sigh

I mean, Union station's tunnels look different and like... Exhibition will be a major union-esque station in the future.
This isn't part of the station building. From looks of the plans, doesn't seem like it will be connected to the main building either - it only has stairs leading up to platforms.
For comparison, look at Union's Teamways.

Wow, I used this tunnel to get to the Dom Dolla show at the amphitheatre and didn't even realize it was new and/or supposed to be permanent infrastructure. Just thought it was temporary during OL construction.

We really lack civic pride to build brand new public infrastructure like this.

Wait what? This is permanent? It's astonishingly crude/primitive .... even for Toronto.

This isn't part of the station building. From looks of the plans, doesn't seem like it will be connected to the main building either - it only has stairs leading up to platforms.
For comparison, look at Union's Teamways.
Yes, the tunnel will only connect to the central platforms and OL maintenance access. It’s otherwise a bypass tunnel, it will likely be used more often for non users just crossing the tracks.

Wait what? This is permanent? It's astonishingly crude/primitive .... even for Toronto.
I don’t understand what was expected of a tunnel. It’s just meant to move people. As soon as you add any amenity like benches you’ve disturbed the flow of traffic.

I don’t understand what was expected of a tunnel. It’s just meant to move people. As soon as you add any amenity like benches you’ve disturbed the flow of traffic.

I mean, no need for a bench or other amenities. But maybe tile the flooring, put panelling on the walls to hide the concrete, and add a false ceiling to hide the ugly af pipes and conduits!

It still moves people but looks a little more inviting and not clinical and utilitarian.

Yes, the tunnel will only connect to the central platforms and OL maintenance access. It’s otherwise a bypass tunnel, it will likely be used more often for non users just crossing the tracks.

Bare concrete is an open invitation to "street artists". Better finishes, might at least discourage them.

Either way, it's unbelievably cheap to not put some tile on the walls and floor, which would cost a fraction compared to the rest of the tunnel costs. Commissioning an artist to do a mural on the wall would be even better.

It's almost guaranteed that it turned out like because this is how the other stations have their tunnels, which is piss poor reason build something ugly.

How often do you see that at the other GO stations though?

That's standard for GO and inexcusable each and every time.

Almost every tunnel at every station looks like that and I have yet to see any graffiti

Look again............you will almost certainly see evidence of where graffiti was in most tunnels. Its usually painted over in tunnel grey.

...and to that respect, I don't think they're any runnels in any stairwell related to GO, for bad or good. Least I don't remember seeing any.

Back