I would assume Love Child would be in the same situation. Non-commercial buildings near the path of the subway line have been contacted recently by Metrolinx of the planned work and disruptions and request to access their properties.
In the case of Regulars and Bank Note, they regularly operate as a restaurant/bar during the day so their closures would be the most noticeable. Love Child would simply disappear quietly.

Love Child told me yesterday they don't close until January, interesting...

yup, it’s interesting as they both are in the same building but Love Child is vacating more than 4 months later.
Love Child does only operate a few nights a week while Bank Note operates all week day and night. A regularly operating restaurant would encounter lots more disruption when site work & prep are being done.

Last edited:
The Bank Note is closing August 21st.
E951A871-4986-45C1-8F3E-E53FB957F556.jpeg

Love child had its closing party yesterday marking the last establishment closure here and setting the stage for this intersection to be a construction site for the rest of the decade.

linkWould have suggested branding this station as "Fort York Station". However, it is a 16-minute walk according to this link. Looks like they catered the entrance to Fort York for the almighty car, not the walking pedestrian, as usual for the city. We should redesign Fort York (and other attractions, IE. Ontario Place, Ontario Science Centre) for walk-ins, not drive-ins.
1683236709871.png

linkWould have suggested branding this station as "Fort York Station". However, it is a 16-minute walk according to this link. Looks like they catered the entrance to Fort York for the almighty car, not the walking pedestrian, as usual for the city. We should redesign Fort York (and other attractions, IE. Ontario Place, Ontario Science Centre) for walk-ins, not drive-ins.
Was the entrance to Fort York on Bathurst removed? Why would they do that?
I what I remember it wasn’t the nicest of entrances and having pedestrians spill out on to the sidewalk of a busy street is not the safest..
The aerial photos from Apple Maps are older than Google Maps and still shows Westside Condos under construction and Stackt Market non-existent:
IMG_2611.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

Last edited:
Was the entrance to Fort York on Bathurst removed? Why would they do that?
I what I remember it wasn’t the nicest of entrances and having pedestrians spill out on to the sidewalk of a busy street is not the safest..
The aerial photos from Apple Maps are older than Google Maps and still shows Westside Condos under construction and Stackt Market non-existent:
View attachment 474312
View attachment 474313
Google maps does not show that. Has anyone used that entrance?

that entrance was demolished a few years ago

the only way to access fort york is to walk around to the west side
Catering to the motorists, not the pedestrians.

Same problem with Ontario Place and the Ontario Science Centre. They cater for the motorists. Pedestrians have a l-o-n-g safari across asphalt desert. With Fort York, they ignore the walking public.

Last edited:

Back